Limit Upload Space for Free Sites

I have a WordPress multisite installation with Pro Sites and it's Upload Quota module. I understand I can limit the upload quota for Pro Site levels, but there is no way I can limit that for free (non-pro site) sites. I tried setting up "Max upload file size" under "Upload Settings" in Network Settings but that limits seems to have been enforcing over my Pro Sites upload quotas. Is there any way or custom code that I can use to enforce an upload quota on the free sites? Please advice.

• James Morris

Hello Dustin Sartoris

I hope you are well today.

By default, the quota you set in Network Settings can be overridden by Pro Sites. If you go into Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Modules and enable the Upload Quota module, you'll then get a new settings page where you can define what quota is applied to each Pro Site.

So, with this module enabled, you can define a bare minimum upload quota in Network Admin -> Network settings. Then for each Pro Sites level, incrementally increase this quota using the Upload Quotas module.

If this is not how it's working for you on your site, please let us know and we'll be happy to look into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dustin Sartoris

So here is the issue. I set the Site Upload Space in Network Settings to 25mb so that would be the limit on my free sites.
    I then go to my main site, which in Pro Sites is set up to have 100gb of space. On my Change Profile Photo and Change Cover Image in BuddyPress on that main site, I get "UPLOAD LIMIT EXCEEDED" as an error even before I'm able to upload anything. Basically, BuddyPress is using the 25mb limit and not the 100gb limit I set in Pro Sites.

The new 3.0 BuddyPress isn't talking correctly to Pro Sites anymore, from what it looks like.

• Ash

Hello there

Non-pro sites are considered as free site and they should follow the settings you set in network settings.

For main site, as this is a non-pro site, it still follows the network settings but you can override it. Please go to Network Admin > Sites > Edit main site > Settings tab and at the very bottom you will find "Site Upload Space Quota". You can increase the quota for main site from there.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dustin Sartoris

Again,

So here is the issue. I set the Site Upload Space in Network Settings to 25mb so that would be the limit on my free sites.
    I then go to my main site, which in Pro Sites is set up to have 100gb of space. On my Change Profile Photo and Change Cover Image in BuddyPress on that main site, I get "UPLOAD LIMIT EXCEEDED" as an error even before I'm able to upload anything. Basically, BuddyPress is using the 25mb limit and not the 100gb limit I set in Pro Sites.

The new 3.0 BuddyPress isn't talking correctly to Pro Sites anymore, from what it looks like.

Please read THIS and not the initial post.

• James Morris

Hello Dustin Sartoris

I am terribly sorry for the misunderstanding here. Now that I have a clearer picture of the issue, I've been able to replicate the symptoms you are seeing and am reporting this as a confirmed bug. Our Dev Team will look into this issue as soon as technically possible. Please keep in mind that a patch for this may take a bit of time. However, if a hotfix is found quickly, we will reply back here with a patch for you. Otherwise, please keep an eye out for an update to this plugin.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.