Limitation of Multisite Registration Setting via Network Admin

I've been working on a site mainly using Pro Sites, New Blog Templates, and Domain Mapping plugins. At the current stage of putting everything into its place and making them all working well together as a whole, I've come across some questions and obstacles as follows:

I've set Registration Settings at the Network Admin to "Both sites and user accounts can be registered.".

1. Over the main site, how can I force all the users to signup AND MUST create a blog/site during their sign-up stage over the main site? Because I want all the user to select the site template -> sign-up & select their site name (subdomain) during their sign-up -> login and then customise their site during our offering free trial period -> if satisfied, choose from our paid plans.

2. On subsites, I can't individually disable Registration Settings by choice because I believe it is globally controlled by Network Admin dashboard, what if my customer, who creates a blog/subsite, wants to get rid of the sign-up process on their site. How could I achieve this?

3. Over the subsite, how are my customer's customers data are stored in the DB, are they all be kept mixing with the others on the main site or are they kept separately on their own in a different table identifiable by a site number?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Cas,

I hope you're having a nice day!

1. Over the main site, how can I force all the users to signup AND MUST create a blog/site during their sign-up stage over the main site?

Please go to your "Network Admin" -> "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" page -> "General" tab

and disable the "Allow Free Signup" option. This will not affect "Free trial" period but should prevent users from skipping the Pro Sites part.

2. On subsites, I can't individually disable Registration Settings

I think this will need a little workaround. Our Membership 2 Pro plugin may be of help here. Once installed and network activated you may create a Guest membership (this is for visitors, not logged in users) and setup all content to "open". Next step would be to enable the "URL Protection" add-on and then for sites for which you wish to disable registration - add all registration URLS for that particular site to the "URL Protection" protection rules.

3. Over the subsite, how are my customer's customers data are stored in the DB, are they all be kept mixing with the others on the main site or are they kept separately on their own in a different table identifiable by a site number?

Unfortunately user's data is stored in a common "wp_users" db table for all. Inside "wp_usermeta" table you'll find a "primary_blog" field with a value that indicates the ID of user's primary blog. However there's no separate tables for users of your customer's customers.

Data like posts, comments or pages etc is stored in separate tables differentiated by numbers where the number equals blog ID.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Code Injector

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yet still didn't quite get the workaround on No.#2 as the site is a bit complicated than what explained above. I have Pro Sites, New Blog Templates, Domain Mapping >> These are meant for site builder subscription. But I also have Jobs & Experts plugin activated, problem is

4. When users tried to sign up to become a Pro, it directs them to the template choosing page as they share the same DB. The template subsription platform (with the 3 main plugins mentioned above) is one thing, and Jobs & Experts is another thing, subscribers are on the different platform for different purposes of registration. How come I could achieve these setting:
    4.1 Template subscription platform: Choose the template -> Signup with subdomain name -> and so on.
    4.2 Jobs & Experts platform: To become a Pro -> Signup by filling-in all the details without having to choose any template -> Await for admin approval on the Pro registration -> and so on.
    4.3 Jobs & Experts platoform: To post a Job -> Using an existing username and password from Template subscription platform (they must have to signup on template platform before posting any job) -> Job posting must be allowed to get approved by an admin.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Cas,

Thanks for this explanation.

I've just replayed to your other thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/problems-with-configuring-an-ecommerce-template-selling-site

I think now I've got an idea on how complex your setup is. Most likely I shouldn't do this but I'd like to ask you if we could first sort out that other thread? I've got a feeling that some things my change and even if not, it would help me get a whole picture. Would you agree?

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.