limiting number of times a document can be viewed/fileld out

Hi,
Does any plugin/method exist on wordpress 5 that will allow you to prevent a document from being viewed after a certain amount of times?Also does any method exist to prevent a document from being filled out a certain amount of times? Especially PDFS.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello cornelius_butler

I hope you're having a nice day!

As for viewing/downloading files. Yes, plugins such as WordPress Download Manager would help as it lets you set a limit on how many times a user can get the given file. You'll find it here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-manager/

Please note: this will only work for you if the file that you want to put the limit on is not embedded on site but made available as a link to download it.

As for limiting how many times a PDF can be filled out, I must say I'm not aware of such tools. I assume it might need some custom code but that would most likely also heavily depend on what tool are you using to actually let users fill these PDFs. Are you using some plugin for this - if yes, what plugin is it?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kristopher
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If you only need the result to be a filled PDF, and you can get away with not having a PDF to start, you can use something like Gravity Forms to generate a PDF from a form. You can also limit the total times the form can be filled out by user or across all users/guests. Otherwise this would be a technical limitation between Wordpress and PDFs on the PDF file side. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.