Limiting Post submissions with Gravity Forms

Gravity Form has a the option to limit the number of form entries, Does anyone know of hooks that will let me limit the submissions per category.

Example:

blue shirt

—SM qty. 5 << so five post

—M qty. 10 << so ten post

—L qty. 1 << so one post

If this cannot be done in GForms is there another way?

Thanks!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Any comment from GForms about this by any chance?

Yeah they referred me to a list of, developers or their jobs board.

I figured they would at least tell tell me the hooks. :disappointed:

I emailed them back asking, but have not heard anything as of yet.

Was hopping someone had already ran across this. Maybe i should re-post this as

GForm Hooks Help 100 Rep Points! lol

Thanks Joe! Good to see you again!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Okie Dokie Joe!

They sent me all the hooks i will need and some links in the codex that i will need to study, so as i figured this will be an extensive project. I am going to have some question about the “Template_Tags/get_posts” should i post them to this thread or start a new one? Well guess i better get reading. :slight_smile:

Thanks Joe!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MTB1701,

Yepper this is going to be a tough one because as you have figured out it will involve some heavy duty coding and that is why I believe they sent you to there jobs board.

You may very well want to make a post with a different title to attract the attention of those with the know, therefore I will close this ticket in anticipation of the new one with different title.

And thank you for your kind greetings and friendship, folks like you are far and few between!

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Pop the new ticket in the “Advanced” forum section so that you will get maximum exposure to the relevant people.

I always have avoided that because my first week here i almost posted “How to make a child theme” in the advanced thread. lol

I am currently working with David at gravity wiz, i will post the results in a new thread once complete. This will be a good share for other GForm fans! Plus he has some really useful things in beta testing members like to check out!

Thanks Joe!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@aecnu

Here is a link for any one wanting to do this:

http://gravitywiz.com/2012/09/19/better-inventory-with-gravity-forms/

Also the WPMU Dev member @shawng Provided a way to use it as a plugin "See Snip Shot and link". I recommend using as a plugin because it has extra advantages, but if you choose to place the code in you functions.php be sure to create a child theme, create a blank functions.php for the child theme and past the code there.

http://pastebin.com/M46Cc5GX

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.