Link Exchange Directory solution + Advanced Directory with Item customisation

Hi,

Among other zillion things, I'm desperately looking for a solution to:

1. Create a section on my WP sites with a directory that automatically verifies, check link exchanges, and notifies by email to the users (like PHPLD does but for WP). Since my plans are to create several directories, I can't afford the price of PHPLD.

2. Create fields (taxonomies, custom fields or whatever) that signed users must fill, like amenities, photographs, various descriptions, and so on. Obviously, every site has different fields so I need an easy way to configure them on every domain.

Any advice or recommendation of the best path to follow would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

• DavidM

Hi unoentremil and welcome to WPMU DEV!

The back-checking of links would require a custom solution, something you may want to consider posting to the job board, but altogether, CustomPress should definitely be able to help with the other items.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress

Directory itself has an integrated version of CustomPress, but on its own, CustomPress provides all the basic features behind Directory, though without the inherent multisite limites and Directory specific functionality like pay-for access and restrictive access.

For pay-for membership access and restrictions, you could perhaps use the Membership plugin alongside CustomPress.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

How would that work for you?

-David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• unoentremil

Hi guys.

Well, unfortunately currently custom development is not a choice for me. In fact, the price to update my plan here is not a choice either :slight_frown:. I joined to evaluate your products but I'm concerned about the update pricing so I have discarded using your tools for production (only for testing). I understand that it might be affordable for those who have their business running but I'm currently at the first stages of building my platform to hold my projects.

For the moment I have discarded the inclusion of a directory on my sites as well. After all, there are much better methods to get top rankings in Google. My conclusion is that, if I finally decide to create a directory, I must forget WordPress and use PhpLD.

I have other important questions to ask you on other subjects (mainly about compatibility and WP standards) but I'll better open separate threads.

Anyhow, thanks for your suggestions.

All the best,
    Diego

• unoentremil

Hi Mason,

I don't expect an spontaneous common cry for link exchange features here but if you ask you will find that most users would agree with that implementation. In my opinion it's a must have for any directory script and it is not released by your competitor on the WP platform YET. Of course, all the scripts specifically developed to create directories include this feature.

Anyhow, decide what you decide, I appreciate that you 'hear me' :slight_smile:

Greetings from Spain,
    Diego