Link in text goes to new tab/window in Upfront

Hi,
When using a Text Draggable Element in Upfront, links are always given the default value of blank
target="blank"
opening a new tab/window.

I've tried linking to the page/post and via url but in each case, I cannot choose the 'self' opton. When I try to, the link dialog disappears.. and you don't get a chance to click the OK button.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

jaq

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Jacqui Comer,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We have noticed this bug in Upfront and our developers are working on a fix for it, and we should be able to see the fix soon.

I will add your thread in bug report so we can notify you here when update is released :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jacqui Comer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

When will the next update for Upfront due to be released?

I like upfront, but as far as I'm concerned I can't use this software for clients if it can't do the most basic of tasks expected by a web editor - making a link to another page in the website.

Very keen to fix this....
    jaq

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jaq,

I just had a chat with the developers and this issue has been addressed and it will be released in next update, there are still some things that need ironing out before the update is pushed live, we are hoping to see it soon.

In the meantime I was able to find a workaround for this, after you select the text for link and select Self option it will rever back to Blank, but if you do this two three times in a row, before saving, it should stick on Self option.

Can you please check if this solution will work for you aswell?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jacqui Comer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

When I create a link and try and click on the self radio the dialog box disappears so there is never any opportunity to click on the dialog OK button to set it.
    Also, when I try to edit a link, the label is replaced the with html of the link.
    jaq

• Jacqui Comer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

Support access is ACTIVE until 03/08/2015 8:41 AM

When I make an initial link (I don't try target self anymore because it just doesn't work). The link is put in place and labelled with the correct text.
    If I try to edit the link, all of the link settings are lost (at least not displayed). If I edit again, the link label is replaced with the link code.
    I have been testing on the /gallery/ page which is not included in the menu.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jaq,

It looks like you have some .htaccess protection or something similar that is asking for verification before accessing your site and our support access can't bypass that.

Could you please disable that protection and then revoke and grant access again, or if you don't want to disable it you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.