Link to external files

ello
How can I link to external files instead of having them uploaded to the server?

I would like to sell a physical product and have it come with multiple video downloads that are hosted on our CDN.

Is this possible?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gootecks,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

In the product, when editing a product or adding a brand new product, there is a section just under the SKU section for an external link - but this cannot be combined with a physical product i.e. downloading plus a physical transaction in one shot.

I cannot think of a way to manage this with Market Press or any scripts/plugins that I have ever used.

Perhaps the lead developer may have an idea for resolving this type of product/download.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi gootecks,

I use w3 total cache and a cdn in a different context.

When i add an img to my site on my server its mirrored to the cdn which then serves it.

Perhaps you can do the same. You will have internal links and cdn speed.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• Aaron
    • CTO

You can put any http accessible file link in the download file field. You don't have to use the WP uploader.

Note though that if it's a very large file, you may need to turn on redirect instead of obfuscation mode by adding define('MP_LARGE_DOWNLOADS', true); to your wp-config.php file.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.