Linking Instructors with students

Hi there,

Is there a way for instructors to be linked to specific students in coursepress. We have a number of mentors each with their own mentees, is there a way to set it up so they can see their students progress on the course?

Many thanks
Adam

Patrick

Hi there @Adam Wallis

I hope you're well today!

There is currently no built-in functionality for that kind of pairing I'm afraid.

How would you see that working exactly? Perhaps if there are multiple instructors for a given course, students could select their preferred "mentor", and a filter could be made available on the Students screen in the admin to display only "mentees"?

Adam Wallis

Hi Patrick, thank you for your reply,

I am well thank you, hope you are too!

It does sound interesting what you say there.

Basically to explain further, we will have multiple instructors for the same course each with a group of mentees. We want the instructors to be able to see the results for only their own mentees if possible when they login to their WP dashboard. Could we do this with a filter on the admin screen as you suggest? I'm not familiar with what a filter is, could you explain this please?

Ideally we want to be able to allocate the students to each instructor/mentor automatically when they sign up or by us doing it manually. Is there a way to do this? Or how would the students select their own instructor as you mention?

Thanks for your help Patrick!
    Adam

Adam Wallis

Hi Patrick,

Hope you are well. Not sure if you got my last post, so I'm posting it underneath:

Basically to explain further, we will have multiple instructors for the same course each with a group of mentees. We want the instructors to be able to see the results for only their own mentees if possible when they login to their WP dashboard. Could we do this with a filter on the admin screen as you suggest? I'm not familiar with what a filter is, could you explain this please?

Ideally we want to be able to allocate the students to each instructor/mentor automatically when they sign up or by us doing it manually. Is there a way to do this? Or how would the students select their own instructor as you mention?

Thanks for your help Patrick!
    Adam

Ash

Hello @Adam

I hope you are well today.

I am really sorry for the long delay in your thread. Your idea is great, indeed. But unfortunately this is not possible out of the box. You will need a fair amount of code to customize the plugin to achieve so. Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Also, I am marking this as a feature request, so that other members can vote on this feature.

Cheers
    Ash