Linking Marketpress to automatically enrol students on Coursepress

Hi

I have spent the last week using a Paypal Button because I couldn’t spend anymore time trying to make your plugins work. I’ve tried again today and really need your help. I am not a developer.

Could you walk me through how I set up marketpress to connect with coursepress to automatically allow students to enrol from their order.

Also, there is no option for coursepress in type of product. This means I have to choose either digital download, tangible product or external. I have been using digital download which then sends an email saying download here but there’s nothing to download. Do you have an option? If not, why are advertising marketpress to sell courses on coursepress?

Could you explain how Marketpress actually works with coursepress because I feel I am really missing something and I really need your help to get this fixed once and for all. I’ve granted access just in case you need it. Please feel free to check out my previous requests for help to show just how difficult this has been.

Also, your plugins affect coursepress and marketpress so I have had to switch off all other plugins. Will you be rectifying this?

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Samantha,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your questions!

There’s no need to manually create a product and/or select any type of product for CoursePress courses. This should be done automatically. I”d start with this:

1. please make sure that you removed (including removing from “Trash”:wink: all the products that you so far manually created for courses

2. make sure that payment gateways are setup and working for MarketPress

3. go to “CoursePress Pro -> Courses” page

4. for each course that you’d like to sell via MarketPress:

– click on “Edit” link below course name on the list

– select “Enrollment & Course Cost” tab (the last one)

– make sure that “Anyone” is selected from “Who can Enroll in this course” list

– tick both check-boxes (enable options) “This is a Paid Course” and “Automatically generate Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)

– put a price for a course in a “Price” box

– click on “Done” button

That’s that. If you now go to the “Store -> Products” page in your site’s dashboard there should be a new product on a list of the same name as the course and user’s (students) would then be able to buy it (which equals course enrollment).

Also, your plugins affect coursepress and marketpress so I have had to switch off all other plugins. Will you be rectifying this?

I’m not sure what do you mean by this. However, as it seems to be separate issue please start a separate thread on our Support Forum for this and provide us with as much detailed description of it as possible.

Let me know please if the “CoursePress – MarketPress” guide above helped you solve the issue :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• Samantha
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi ADAM

Thank you for this.. I’m going to take a look tomorrow. In the meantime there’s no option to choose anyone on the course press course page. I only have options for manually add and registered user. I’d be grateful if you could take a look in case I’m missing it. I really need to sort tomorrow :slight_smile:

• Samantha
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam, I have fixed it by reading through your support forum. WP settings didn’t allow for anyone to register.

I have a couple of final questions. Firstly, how can I increase the size of the button for sign up? I can add custom code to css editor on my theme.

Secondly, there’s no opinion but to select digital download which is misleading to the students logging on. Will you be adding extra options for wordpress courses?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Samantha,

I’m glad you found about the registration option :slight_smile:

As for CSS. Could you please point me to the page where I can see this particular button? I’d like to provide you with a CSS created based on your site as the theme that you’re using may be affecting this. I’ll take a look at it and share CSS rules with you here in response.

Secondly, there’s no opinion but to select digital download which is misleading to the students logging on. Will you be adding extra options for wordpress courses?

When CoursePress creates product automatically it sets its kind as a “Physical/Tangible” good and that works well with CoursePress and MarketPress.

Are you creating products manually? Or are there any “Download” links presented to the student upon enrollment?

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.