LINKING MY WORDPRESS SITE TO GOOGLE

Please i have install Yoast SEO plugin and activated it but my site cannot be found in the google search console. please i need your help. thanks

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Emmanuel ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If your website is new, Google can take some time to index it. However, just to make, in Settings -> Reading, you have the "Search Engine Visibility" unchecked?

Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Emmanuel ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Seems that you are using an "Under Construction / Maintenance" plugin. This sends a "503 Temporarily Unavailable Header", (you can check in "Misc Settings" of the plugin used) which tells to the search engine crawlers that the site is temporary unavailable and to re-visit it after a few time.

If not used in a abusive way (for a long time) it will not affect your site’s visibility in the search results, however, as your website is pretty recent, maybe wasn't indexed yet.

I think this should be the reason, so, if you disable the "503 header" option (in "Misc Settings"), the "Maintenance" page should be indexed. However, not sure if can be a good practice, maybe you can wait until the site be "live" (it's my opinion).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.