Linking pages and categories

Hi. I want to create pages with the same “category name” and use a shotcode to display all the categories. Please how can I do, this?

• ingridlima
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Timothy!

I want to display my site’s columns in a nice way! I made my menu using the categories in the sub menu sections, but I need to change a few things in the way it shows:

a) remove the message “You are browsing the archive for CATEGORY”

b) insert a shotcode from Dynamic Grid plugin to displays the latest posts _I will use a different shotcode for each category

c) remove category from the urls, what I probably can do from permalinks.

To do item b could be really easy if I was using pages and solves the other items.

So I crate a page, insert the shotcode to display my latest posts in grid.

But I also want to show all the posts content from a specific category. This is what I need to know how to do?

Please let me know if I didn’t make myself clear enough :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

a) remove the message “You are browsing the archive for CATEGORY”

You can find all three instances of those here:

/studio/library/components/headers.php

b) insert a shotcode from Dynamic Grid plugin to displays the latest posts _I will use a different shotcode for each category

Do you refer to the plugin I mentioned?

I don’t know which plugin you refer to and I’m not sure I’m familiar with this, so not sure how to advise here.

It might be worth coding something up custom here if you are wanting show content, etc, unless that plugin is capable of that.

c) remove category from the urls, what I probably can do from permalinks.

Sure you should not include %category% from the permalinks.

Take care.

• ingridlima
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Tim, It worked but I had to use a single featured box to all categories, as I inserted the shortcode at /studio/library/components/headers.php

Is there somehow I could specify for each category a different shortcode?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.