Linking Photos in Issue Theme

I'm trying to link my photo boxes on my home page to categories but when I go to the link button it only gives me the option to link to a page or a post. Also, the pages NEVER save their names so I have 3 pages called NEW PAGE. How do I make this work?

• Nastia

Hello Shaylee , hope you are doing well!

Would you please clarify, do you referring to a plugin or to an Upfront theme?

I'm trying to link my photo boxes on my home page to categories but when I go to the link button it only gives me the option to link to a page or a post.

In case this is regarding Upfront themes, I can't replicate the same. To add a home page link to an image, open image element's settings and click on a Home icon like it is shown in the screenshot bellow:

Also, the pages NEVER save their names so I have 3 pages called NEW PAGE.

To edit the page title, please open the Page Settings, and under Page Title & URL, click on Edit link to edit the page title. Please see the attached screenshot:

Would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Shaylee,
    Hope you are doing good!

I agree that there is no option to link an image to a category page at the moment. Right now you can only link to posts or pages content types.

However, you can use the external link option to link an image to category page. Here are the steps:

1. Get the link of category from WP Dashboard -> Categories -> Your Category -> View.

2. Now go to image link option.

3. Select External Link and paste the link of that category here.

4. Save changes and you are done!

I can not replicate the issue of hidden page titles on your site as well as on my own site. The page titles are visible to me in the PopUp as you can see in the screenshot:

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance and your screenshot did not come through with your previous replies. So please make sure you include the screenshot and also keep the support staff access enabled.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.