linking products in marketpress to events+

My primary need is to used Events+ with payments. I see in order to use it I have to implement Marketpress. So I've done that and created a single product category for the events (called events). I have also created two products and linked it to two(2) events. Everything seems to be working. However, do I have to create a product for every single event?

I will have A LOT of repeating event-types but the content changes. However, the product I link the event to doesn't need to change. But it doesn't look like I can have multiple events linked to a single product.

On the product I've set it to not track inventory. I've also tried defining 9999 for inventory. Either way it doesn't look like two events can be linked back to a single "event" product. Do you have any advice or have I missed something in its use of Marketpress?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @dan,

You are correct, each event has to be a seperate product.

You don't actually need marketpress for payments tho, Events+ has it's own paypal gateway, you only really need marketpress if you need to use other gateways instead.

Hope this helps

• gsawyer
    • New Recruit

Dan and Vaughan, thanks for your question and answer.

I think I have a similar problem to Dan.

I am trying to use Events+ to place training courses (products) on a calendar so people can register. Each course (product) will be taught many times (different events).

Can Events+ be modified to allow a product to be associated with events as a one-to-many relationship?

For reference, the site is http://sti.st

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @gsawyer,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

This wouldn't be something that is currently possible out of the box at the moment and most likely not even possible with custom coding.

As for instance each product is unique and technically so is each event, then if you take into account recurring events that are special instances and aren't like a normal event, to have this would working, would most likely require not only advance custom code, but some refactoring of how the integration is handled.

I've moved this to the features and feedback area so we can see if this sort of integration would be wanted by anyone else. :slight_smile:

I can certainly see how it would be useful and a great time saver.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lee levi
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,
    having a similar issue - I'd like my courses, which are also store products, to appear on events+ calendar and allow a direct link for registration.
    has this feature been created since this thread was created?
    is there a way to do this otherwise?

thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.