Linking to Integrated Video Tutorials

It has been brought to my attention that when logged in through a mapped domain one cannot simply click on the video tutorial link. Is it true that the user must be logged into the site the domain is mapped to? If so can the video link in the dashboard menu be disable by adding this to your wp-config.php file “define('WPMUDEV_VIDS_HIDE_SETTINGS', true);”? If the videos were taken out of the dashboard menu could they still be protected with the membership plugin? I envision using a dashboard widget to add a link to the videos?

• aecnu

Greetings Ren,

It has been brought to my attention that when logged in through a mapped domain one cannot simply click on the video tutorial link.

Though I have not tested it myself to date due to mine were placed on the TLD of the main site itself, it is my opinion one could simply add the mapped domain to the Support Videos API page and it would work.

Is it true that the user must be logged into the site the domain is mapped to?

Probably more accurately described as logged into the site that has been registered in the Support Videos API page and it will work.

If so can the video link in the dashboard menu be disable by adding this to your wp-config.php file “define('WPMUDEV_VIDS_HIDE_SETTINGS', true);”?

This looks correct though one could embed them page by page or post by post too and this becomes a mute point.

Personally I would want the search engine link juice and potential traffic from them therefore I would do it as just described rather then as a whole slew of videos.

If the videos were taken out of the dashboard menu could they still be protected with the membership plugin?

I believe they would need to be on the same domain as the Membership plugin to be able effect control of the video's by the Membership plugin. I do not think it works cross domain.

I envision using a dashboard widget to add a link to the videos?

This sounds totally workable without a doubt.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.