Links do not work when elements are Grouped

I set up a series of groups: a post element with an image is in a group.

The links do not work when elements are grouped.

Can you explain why, and when it will be fixed? Also , it would be great to have an element that is a text/post with an image in the same element.

When I set the Post element to use the featured image, I get crazy results that cannot be used.

Perhaps someone should look at all the elements available in Optimize Press page builder, there are many in there that could be useful in UpFront.

I really like this system. PLEASE get the page cloning, and constant sidebar features ASAP.

I still have not been able to edit a template and apply it to a new page. That has cost me, basically, all day today to do things that a feature like this would do in a few minutes. That is not good.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Charles,

Hope you’re doing well today!

I’ve tested this on my site and confirmed that images don’t link when they are grouped. I’ve flagged this for our developers :slight_smile:

When I set the Post element to use the featured image, I get crazy results that cannot be used.

What is the result that you are getting? This seems to be working fine for me. It displays the image above the post.

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend Charles! Talk to you soon.

Cheers,

Tyler

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I granted support access. The reason I went to a post element with an image beside it was because of the featured image.

The mobile view, when I had a ll the images on the left, put all the images one on top of the other, then all the post below, That is not how I want it to look. I want an image then a post, then an image, then a post….

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Charles,

I checked the status on the image link issue when grouping and this is still being worked on, it is in high priority category though, thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

As for the image then post issue you were facing. So when you include the featured image, it puts all the featured images at the top and then posts below them? When I use featured image in my post element it alternates them properly, how you are wanting – so each featured image stays above it’s respective post.

If you’re still having that issue could you grant access for us to have a look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard – WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

All the best,

Tyler

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

No, what I meant was no links work on the page when the elements are grouped, not just the image link.

I found a fix in another post that will put the featured image floating left with with width of 150, which is fine. I have that in the blog css code, and it is ok in the editor, but on the live view it reverts back to the default.

This is all part of the other discussions we have been having and I know you are working in those issues. Hope the get resolved soon, as I am getting some pressure from the client, and I do not blame them. These bugs as of now have cost me over a week’s delay in delivering to the client, and it is straining our relationship. This is making our team look like a pack of idiots, and I do not appreciate it.

I have another site I want to begin, but I am reluctant to do anything until the page saving errors and formatting bugs are worked out.

I started working on the mobile stuff today and I think there may be an issue with how the menus work on mobile. I want to check some different emulators before I put in a support ticket, as I am getting mixed results so far.

Thanks Tyler.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.