List of WPMU DEV Plugins with Google Fonts

Hi There,

Can you please give me a list of your plugins which use Google Fonts? I'm concerned about GDPR regarding Google Fonts: https://www.7media.de/wp-coaching/dsgvo-neue-datenschutz-anforderungen/

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vlad

I hope you're fine today and thank you for your question!

There's quite a lot of concern and confusion regarding Google Fonts in GDPR context.

As far as I understand it (though I admit I'm not an expert), it should actually be enough to just list the Google Fonts in Privacy Policy (without necessarily listing details of which plugins are using them).

Currently, we don't have such list yet but I'll chat with our developers to find our that information for you. Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update you here as soon we get a list from our developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Vlad

Dear Adam, thank you for the info. I had some Chat with legal,...well Google Fonts are NO GO!!! They recommended me to use Google Web Fonts.

I don t want to advertise any plugins or Themes, but for one of my Projects I use Flatsome. The theme has a build in function to stop using Google Fonts. Alternatively I use also this plugin https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/disable-google-fonts

As suggested in a support Chat, after implementing the above listed, I checked the source Code, and there is no track of any link to Google Fonts CDN.

I somehow still Need to be sure if any link to Google Fonts CDN happens. Any idea if any tool or method can Show that?

Alternatively, for perfomance reasons I might try to see if moving the site source code files to a CDN could work. I never did that, but I ll give it a try.

Still, your Input regarding this issue is much appreciated.

Thx.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Vlad,

well Google Fonts are NO GO!!! They recommended me to use Google Web Fonts.

I'm slightly confused, I admit. You mean that they recommended not to use Google Web Fonts perhaps? I just want to make sure that we're on the same side, I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

As for the plugin that you are using to disable them. I'm not familiar with it but from what I can see in its description it only stops those fonts that are bundled with WordPress core and "native" themes. It would probably stop also some other themes and plugins from using them but not necessarily all of them.

That is because plugins and themes might be using different methods of loading the fonts and different fonts themselves. In some cases it might be necessary to address them individually (e.g. with some additional code to disable them).

As for our plugins - like I said, I've asked our developers for consultation on this already and am awaiting response so I (or one of my colleagues) will let you know here as soon as we got some more information.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.