List product short code does not make the page as the theme default home page

When the theme is activated, the home page is default as this: http://bit.ly/QZBISC, which what I like.

Now, when I create a page, and enter the short code [mp_list_products] , the page is not rendered the same: http://bit.ly/PSNGhb

You can see the difference when you put both page up side by side.

Why is that? How do I make the shortcode page appear the same as this theme's default product list?

• Kimberly

Hey there!

You can use the optional attributes to control the display of the items.

If you are talking about the justification of the items, then you'll need to add that float: right to the css

You also have options under the Presentation tab for the product list page.

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting, sorry :slight_smile:

I just used firebug to see what the difference is and replicate it in the other page. If it's something code generated you can always copy/paste that portion into the template.

Best,

Kimberly

• winning

Kimberly

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The differences I care are:
    1. the product list page created by the theme shows 4 columns of products; but when I use the shortcode in a new "page", it appears as 3 columns of products. Why?
    2. the theme default product list appearance does not have the word "price:" , but the shortcode rendered page shows "Price:"

So my follow up questions are:
    1. How to make a page that is exactly the same as the theme generate the product list page?
    2. Can you examplain a little bit more how you do the following?

I just used firebug to see what the difference is and replicate it in the other page. If it's something code generated you can always copy/paste that portion into the template.

• Kimberly

The attributes are different because of how the page is coded.

Sorry I was thinking you wanted to create a page template that replicated the home page.

The product list shortcode will only respond to the attributes coded to it.

The attributes coded each refer to a specific item. The Meta includes the word Price.

If you wanted to create a page template you could replicate the portion of the homepage code you want into a new template.

You can find details on this in the themeing-marketpress.txt file in marketpress/marketpress-includes/ directory . Marketpress already has many of the relevant templates, but it will help you to understand how they work a bit better.

• Tom Eagles

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.