Listing Categories with Sub-categories on Pages

One issue resolved, another found. In using Divi with WooCommerce, I'm finding that I can do more in Divi, with more customization than WooCommerce. I just resolved how to list products via a Page instead of just having WooCommerce create the "category-product" page for me.

Heres the question: I'm using a Divi Page to list Categories, I'm using a Sidebar with Widget to show the Pages (Categories). What I'd like to have is when the user clicks from the Sidebar Widget to a Category (Page), once on the Category (Page); I'd like the subcategories to be seen under the currently viewed Category.

• Sajid

Hello maxtmon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If I understand correctly, you want to display subcategories of current parent category ? If yes then you can do this with default WooCommerce Product Categories widget.

Just drag WooCommerce Product Categories into sidebar and select Only show children of the current category option.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• maxtmon

Thank you for responding Sajid. That does as you descried. But, I've found that I can't get the WooCommerce product-categories to format properly and have the Advanced Design Settings and Custom CSS setting that are in the SHop Module Settings of Divi. So, I've been moving away from the WooCommerce options to display the products.

if you'd like to see what I'm doing to the pages under Divi, please use this link https://BrielleBoutique.com

I've seen that the WooCommerce will give me the Catergory and Subcatgory but agin, if I use them it refers back to the WooCommerce product-category and result in the columns and product alignment not looking correct.

So' I'd like to stay with the Divi pages for my Categories, with a sidebar that will show the subcategories.

I hope that makes sense in explaining it.

These images show how I'm creating my pages and selecting which categories will be seen on the page. Along with custom settings.

When using WooCommerce I don't have the custom settings and the below look results:

• Sajid

Hello maxtmon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Okay, I understand now how you are actually displaying the products on your site using WordPress pages with Divi shop module, instead of using WooCommerce archive pages.

Also, I see you have a pages menu (you say it category of the products) in the sidebar.

So I have an idea now, since you have individual page for each category. Then you can easily create another subcategories menu of pages for each parent category and replace parent categories menu widget on this page with this newly created subcategories menu using Divi builder.

That's like, parent categories menu on shop page.

Subcategories menu of that parent category on that parent categories products page.

Yes, you have to create separate subcategories menu for each parent category and replace with parent category menu on respective page with Divi builder.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• maxtmon

Thank you Sajid, I was hoping that wasn't the answer I'd get haha. I will have to rethink the level of Categories and Subcategories I have. But that was what I begin to think I would have to do. I have found a few sources on Youtube that go into depth using Divi and WooComemrce. I have got a few new ideas of how I what to try and use some of the techniques they show for even more customization.

Again, thank you for you time and info in helping to get a starting point to make this site ready for customer traffic.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.