Listing Network Events on Main site of multisite

I setup and activated the plugin networkwide. Then I created an event on the main site and a couple on sub-sites. When I use the shortcodes [aeb_calendar network="yes"] [aeb_archive network="yes"] or the widget to display network events, nothing shows up. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tad,

Thank you for the great question and indeed there should be something showing up but I would guess the issue is in your shortcodes.

Looking at them it appears that you have transposed some of the letters - you have aeb and it should be eab should it not?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• tad
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That was a typo here, I have it right. I copied them directly from the Events Shortcodes. That wouldn't explain why the widget doesn't show them. It works when use the shortcode or widgt locally, just not for the network. Any other thoughts?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tad,

Thank you for the additional input.

From what I can see it appears to me that you are using the "networks" part of the code wrong and it requires a query and not a yes. But I can very well be wrong.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot, it illustrates well a different issue we're now facing. The odd thing about this is that the shortcodes just pass through, as if they aren't registered. Perhaps this is a theme-specific behavior, can you please try using a default theme (2011/2012) and see if this helps?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings

I have thoroughly tested this out in a post regarding the Events + short code [eab_calendar network=yes] as seen here live on my production server: http://events.aecnuwpmu.us/

And as one can see I cannot replicate the issue using Twenty Twelve or any of the several other themes in this installation. They all work as you see above.

Have you indeed added any events?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tad,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings temmes,

Thank you for the great question and indeed I have used it just as described [eab_calendar network=yes] without the quotes.

I have indeed tested it with the quotes as well and could detect no difference what so ever.

However, I do admit I prefer the calendar view as provided by the plugin overriding the default appearance: http://events.aecnuwpmu.us/events/

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.