Listing page layout

Hi

I am sure this has a quick answer but I am stuck. I am using this plugin to create a directory on my site. I've gone through the install, saved my settings and created 3 entries in 2 different categories.

When I've used a shortcode to display the list of categories on my main listing page, instead of a grid I get a simple list of all the entries with their content details below. Here is a link to the page;

http://www.extrafriends.co.uk/listings/

I'd expected to see a grid of categories with numbers in brackets next to each, notifying how many listings are in that category. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please!

Thanks

James.

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for the reply Mason but did you read my original post? Because in it, I said I used the shortcode already. I even said the same thing to @Gabe above.

Did you visit the URL I gave you? The answer I am looking for is whether or not I should see a GRID or a LIST. I want a grid, but all I am getting is a list. 'Should do the trick' doesn't cut it for tech support as I have already told you that it's not working. Sorry.

Updating to the latest release candidate is a good suggestion so thanks for that, but only if its recommended for use on production sites. Can you confirm whether or not this one is please?

Thanks for all that.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey James. My mistake. Can you please post the shortcode you're using so that a developer/tech rep can get back to you? They may also ask for the settings/configuration you're using for the plugin.

Updating to the latest release candidate is a good suggestion so thanks for that, but only if its recommended for use on production sites. Can you confirm whether or not this one is please?

A 'production' site means that it's actively being used by customers. If your site is not yet public and just in testing, then it would not be considered a production site. They recommend this precaution so your customers don't encounter errors when using your website just in case there are bugs in the release candidate (RC) version of the plugin, since the final version hasn't been released yet.

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @Gabe

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate you are trying to help but in this instance you are not, as you are pointing out things I already know. Please refrain from posting again.

I REALLY don't want to stump your enthusiasm for helping guys out, but I know exactly what a production site is, and the shortcode we are all talking about is the one quoted.

Also I don't know how your posting affects the support ticket system, so you could be knocking this ticket further down the pile - lengthening my wait.

Again, thanks for your good intentions :slight_smile: Just not this time.

Mason? Arnold? Any answer?......

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

And I noticed that you're still waiting for a response, it looks like our system didn't notify @Mason @Arnold that you responded i will let them know you are still waiting for a response, sorry for the delay.

On a side note there is a newer version of the plugin available for download.

Cheers! Tom

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Going to the page you list above.

http://www.extrafriends.co.uk/listings/

This is a reserved archive page meant to show a list of listings and anything you put on the that virtual page is not going to show.

To use the shortcode you would need to createa page called say "Directory" and put the shortcode on it.

But you also are not displaying any Listings on that page so if there are listings there's something else wrong.

Also the version has still not been updated.

If you want me to take a look at it, sed mean admin login at arnold at incsub dot com.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi

Thanks for your replies, I've had time to come back to this now and having taken note of the comments above and updated to the latest version - I'm still getting the same error.

So, I'm going to create a user with Admin privileges and send it over to Arnold.

Speak to you soon

James.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.