Listings return to draft status every day

To get familiar with the classifieds plugin, I entered in a few test listings, and published them. However, every morning when I get up and look at those listings, they have automatically changed themselves to "draft" status, instead of remaining as "published" status.

So every day I click on the "Publish" button for each listing to make them published again, but then the following day they are always back to "draft" status again.

After I publish listings, I need them to remain as having a "published" status forever (or until I delete the listing).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nicholaus,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Classifieds plugin.

It appears to me that you have not fully configured the classifieds plugin ~or~ you have not entered in a duration and cost for the ad you are posting.

See screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Nicholaus
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the response aecnu.

Is Duration a pre-installed custom field in the plugin? If so, I believe I deleted that custom field right after I installed the plugin.

My goal is for every listing have an infinite duration (never expire), and not to have to manually set a duration for each listing. I think that is why I deleted the Duration custom field.

• RealDesignGraphics
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am having the same issue ... some of them return to draft and some don't ... I think that the ones that don't do have BOTH duration and cost associated. What you could do is set the default value of both to something you can live with (10 years? ) and then you can modify the templates to remove displaying them, but they would still be in the database (you would likely need to leave them in the actual ad entry area though)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nicholaus,

Thank you for bringing the fact that you deleted the Duration custom field is indeed causing issues as well and do not know the consequences of this action.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Yes there is a wp_cron job that runs twice a day to expire classifieds. Classifieds would normally run a short time and be removed. Particularly because the item advertised would hopefully get sold.

Removing the Duration field wouldn't work because first, it just gets recreated. and the default expiration date would end up being today.

You can disable hte expiration by commenting out the line

add_action( 'check_expiration_dates', array( &$this, 'check_expiration_dates_callback' ) );

From the classifieds/core/core.php file. Just add // in front of it.

Don't know off hand what other side effects you may have.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nicholaus,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.