Listings with different post types and frontend submission

Hi there,

I am just creating a website where you can easily find your WP-Product (freemium and premium) using Directory plugin. By the way, if you are aware of a similar site which is already out there please let me know.

So I now have two different post types “Listing-Themes” and “Listing-Plugins” and the problem is that in the submission form from the frontend I can only add the listing from the original post type but not from the new post type.

Where can I find the layout for the frontend submission form “Add new listing”?

What would be the best way to add listings for plugins (the second post type)? Create a second fronted submission form for Plugins or add a custom field to the existing form where user can select the type of listings and the form gets reloaded depending on a type of listings?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @daniel, hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

Actually, instead of using another post type, have you thought to organize the listings into categories (i.e have a category for themes, and a category for plugins)?

That would definitely be a simpler method than having to try to juggle two post types. :slight_smile:

Please advise,

Michael

• Daniel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michael,

thanks for the quick response.

I have thought about it and yes it is probably the simplest way. So I would probably go on with just one post type. Nevertheless it would be great if there is a possibility to choose the type of the listing and based on the type of the listing display just the corresponding category. Is there an easy way to do that?

Thank you,

Daniel

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @daniel

In fact, the add listing form is designed to add only for default listing custom post type. So, you can’t just change the form. Instead of type of listing, the user can just select categories in this case. Otherwise, you need to create a custom form to post for that custom post type.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.