Litespeed support in Defender?

I installed Defender on my site, and I can see a load of potential there, especially once the "coming soon" features are implemented. But on the hardening page, I'm getting the notification on several of the fixes that Litespeed servers are not supported yet.

Are there plans to integrate with Litespeed? I'm a huge fan of Litespeed, and it is becoming increasingly more common on shared servers because of the increased speed compared to Apache.

Would love to see this supported. Defender is still great, but I can't perform all the hardening tasks, making the plugin slightly less effective for me. I want to switch to Defender from iThemes Security, so just wondering what the plans are with this! Thanks!

Brent

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brent,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I agree about LiteSpeed. I'm not familiar with its setup/configuration but I have used it and I'm also full of admiration for its performance.

As for the Defender plugin. LiteSpeed by design is Apache compatible so most features should work here the same way as with Apache, however you'll want to remember to select Apache from options drop-down lists and not nginx (as plugin may not be able to detect it in some cases).

Yet, I've already suggested implementing full core support for LiteSpeed to the developers and although I'm not able to give you an ETA on this, I hope they'll introduce it in one of future versions of the plugin.

As you already posted this in our "Features and Feedback" forum section, let's hope that other members of our community will support that idea as well then!

Thanks for suggesting it!

Have a nice day,
    Adam

• Brent

Thanks Adam! I I do know that Litespeed is virtually an Apache drop-in replacement, so I'm assuming it shouldn't be difficult to get the full integration. But I am aware that sometimes the surface difficulty is different from the underlying difficulty. So hopefully they will be able to get it.

I can still get lots of use out of Defender, but since the goal is to replace other solutions I already use(I really want to get more into the WPMUDEV infrastructure for compatibility and stability), the more options available, the better!

I look forward to seeing the future. I know Defender is still new, so I'm not disappointed. Just excited to get the opportunity to watch it grow! Thanks again for your reply :slight_smile:

Brent

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.