Little problems with STATUS

Hi,

I’m new here and started with the plugin that brought me to your site.

I installed the STATUS on our Wine Confraternity.

Monthly we promote a virtual meeting to talk about wines thru an Event on a Facebook Group, but it has a lot of problems and we decided to open a way to our friends posts photos and opinions about wine on our website.

As I said, I installed STATUS on our website and made a basic configuration, but there is something wrong.

1. The status box appears on top of page, bellow the header, occuping the full width of page. It is not that I was expecting. Could be a theme incompability? We use DIVI on this site.

2. The status box just appears when I’m logged on WordPress. How our friends will post your opinions? I’m expecting something like a status publish of Facebook.

I granted the support access to website.

Thanks a lot.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Emanuel Alexandre Tavares,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

1. The status box appears on top of page, bellow the header, occuping the full width of page. It is not that I was expecting. Could be a theme incompability? We use DIVI on this site.

Position of the status field actually depends on the theme you use and how it’s developed as plugin hooks to theme header with the option you use.

You can go to Settings > Status panel and from there you can change “Show on public pages” option to display the field differently, use a different hook, use the provided code to place it yourself directly in theme files or use widget.

2. The status box just appears when I’m logged on WordPress. How our friends will post your opinions? I’m expecting something like a status publish of Facebook.

With this plugin you will create quick posts so it follows default WP user capabilities and only users allowed to create posts can use Status plugin.

I’m afraid that there’s no option to set this up to be used as comment type plugin that would allow everyone to post on your site.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Emanuel Alexandre Tavares
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi!

Thanks for fast assistance. This is awesome!

I have some doubts yet.

1. I saw the option at first time, but I didn’t use it because it talks about to put a code in a file and, altought I’m a PHP programmer, I don’t have any experience with WordPress and its themes and plugins files.

Other point is that DIVI is a constructor, as Visual Composer and others visual editors of market.

Because of this, I don’t know how determine the position of plugin. A page has a lot of elements. Usually this kind of plugin has a shortcode to put in desired position.

How can I solve it?

2. I understood. Really is not the impress that the plugin passed for me. Too bad.

Is it means that everything that some editor publish using the plugin is a post and don’t show on the page where the plugin is?

2.b. If I register all friends to post (it is an hyphotesis), They will gain access to our WordPress pannel too? There is any way to restrict it?

Thanks for your patiente.

:wink:

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Emanuel Alexandre Tavares,

hope you’re doing good and don’t mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

1. You can create a new widget/sidebar area, use Status widget in there and insert this new sidebar to your Divi builder as described here:

https://divibooster.com/how-to-put-a-widget-into-divi-module/

2. All statuses are actually native posts.

Status Widget has options to display 1 to 10 latest posts, set auto-update and some other display settings.

2b. Every WP user has some access while logged-in. You can see a summary of WP roles and capabilities in official documentation page here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#Summary_of_Roles

To limit dashboard access, have a quick read in our recent blog post here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/limit-access-to-your-wordpress-dashboard/

Hope that was some help, let us know if further assistance is required here!

Take care,

Dimitris

PS. I’d also like to mention that bumping your thread won’t result to a faster reply from us.

As documentedhere:

6. Don’t bump your thread

We reply on threads from oldest to newest based on last post to ensure our support is spread out evenly. Bumping your ticket will only make the last post newer and push yourself further down the queue. Hijacking or creating multiple tickets will also lead to delays

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.