Live Chat with BuddyPress does not work

Hello,

I can not change the status of "Online" for all users. The problem now is that all users can not start the "live chat". Only admin can only start "Live Chat".

• Paul

@Mohd Najib,

I wanted to jump in here since it has been a few hours since the last response.

I can not change the status of "Online" for all users.

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do. By design you cannot really change the status of all users at once. But as a site admin you can change the chat status of single users.

To do this go to your 'Members' section. Select a user to view their profile. You will see the tabs Activity, Profile, Friends, Groups and Settings. Click on Settings. Then you will see the 'Chat' tab. Click that chat tab. There you can change or update the user. See image.

The problem now is that all users can not start the "live chat". Only admin can only start "Live Chat".

Again I'm not sure what you mean by 'live chat'. Under BuddyPress the Chat plugin integrates with the BuddyPress Group. There anyone who is a member of the group can participate in chat.

Also, the chat plugin supports other chat types which are not dependent on BuddyPress. These other chat types are

1. shortcode added to a post/page.
    2. Bottom Corner chat. Which shows on all pages.
    3. Widgets.

For each of these you will see settings menus in wp-admin to control the many options. For example when using the shortcode on post/page you would first set some default options via Chat > Settings Page. The on the specific post/page you can override the default settings for this specific post/page. To access the shortcode options you need to use the 'Visual' editor on the post/post. Click the chat icon on the toolbar and a popup is short to customize the settings. See second image.

With any of the chat types there are two roles or user. See the 'Authentication' tab on any of the three settings pages. At the bottom you have various checkboxes which control what users are moderators of the chat. Admin and SuperAdmin user are ALWAYS moderators. At this time we do not allow public, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ user to moderate chats.

Give us more specific details about what you are attempting and maybe we can be more helpful. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.