Live site not compatible with Chrome

I’m at my wits end. I took a site live yesterday and there were some major snafus. First the images would load. Now they load but it seems only in Safari, not in Chrome. To make matters worse, my menu bar also won’t load in Chrome. I don’t know if I should ask the delightful folks here (if it’s a WPMU Dev issue) or at Media Temple (because maybe something got messed up in the going-live process.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi Cindy,

    Hope you’re well? Despite the issues.

    Can you try now, it seems you had Hummingbird Minification enabled too and everything was set to combined and minify etc.

    I reset the minification settings & it should hopefully be working now.

    You should be careful when you check the Minification options in Hummingbird, make sure your site still works correctly after you make changes to minify options. It can take a long time to get a good balance.

    Hope this helps

  • Cindy
    • Flash Drive

    Hey Vaughen,

    Oh yes, there are FAR worse things going on in the world than my site not working properly. Perspective, I haz it. :slight_smile:

    The reset didn’t work but I turned Minification off altogether and that solved it. Haha! I doubt I’ll be messing around with Minification again! I don’t think I have much luck with it.

    Thank you for your help—you’ve been tremendous.


Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.