Load times

The social marketing plugin needs to load info from social media sites when the homepage loads even when the plugin isn't used on teh homepage? It sometimes hangs on platform.linkedin and others, and is affecting page load times.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings kwikkopydc,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

I do agree with you that it stinks the load times of these other sites are affecting the load time of yours.

I do not know what we can do about it if anything, but I will certainly bring it to the lead developers attention.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Have you tried enabling lazy script loading? This will only load the resources as they're needed, and it's somewhat dependent on proper hooks being triggered by your theme so it's not on by default. However, you can turn it on yourself by setting the "Enable lazy dependency loading?" to "Yes" in plugin settings.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Excellent news, I'm happy this got solved easily. By the way, the wp_footer vs genesis_footer (vs whatever_else_may_work) is the main reason why this option isn't on by default - for most themes, it'd work out of the box, but for some it requires some additional tuning. Advanced users such as yourself will be able to find the required hook easily, but newer users or less advanced ones would probably need some guidance with setting that up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.