load times

I am having major problems with my load times.... I am getting around 8 to 13 seconds to load my home page... is there any advice you could give me?

Also - when i turn on the minification option. It basically breaks my site. I'm guessing that it does it to certain files are getting hurt... is there any advice on how to turn this option on without killing my site?

• Nithin

Hi marcus,

Hope you are doing good today.

I just gave a quick pingdom test, and it seems like your server is taking too much to respond, that is the wait time is over 10-11 secs. Would recommend that you check this with your host, if there is any issues related to the host. You can check this link on how to improve this: https://varvy.com/pagespeed/improve-server-response.html

Other factors which should help improve your server response time would be to optimize your images, which you could easily perform using WP Smush Pro plugin. Minify CSS, and JS files using Hummingbird should help decrease the load time.

Also - when i turn on the minification option. It basically breaks my site. I'm guessing that it does it to certain files are getting hurt... is there any advice on how to turn this option on without killing my site?

The minification settings depends entirely upon how your theme handles it. What you'll have to do is tweak each files, which are causing issues, by moving the files along the footer, and head. This can sometimes break your site because each theme behaves differently when it comes to honoring the minification settings. If moving the files doesn't work, you'll have to the disable the combine, and minify option for the files breaking the website. When it comes to eliminating render blocking js, it's not entirely possible to get an 100% results, as it entirely depends upon your theme.

If you are unsure on making these changes, please enable support access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or check this manual. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin