Loading and Access problem (WordPress)

Hello,

This is the 4th time this problem is happening to my site, in 1 month. 1) Time to time, it's become very difficult to load the site. Its can take 1 or 2 minute to see the home page (www.positifstyle.com). Same thing on smart phones… What ca I do to make my website run faster?

2) Time to time, the website become unavailable. You can't see it and worst, I can't even log in my Dashboard. This morning, the website is available, but I can't login…

I was thinking that this problem come from my web hoster, I contacted them, and they say that everything is fine from they part. What can I do?

Thank you guys for your help. Learning WordPress is exiting and fustrating in the same time. Have a good day.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Positif Style,

So it’s intermittent? This could be a memory limitation issue. Low memory, or using too many plugins can result in intermittent errors that prevent the page from loading

We should be able to get some more information from the PHP errors.

Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you’d like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set(‘display_errors’,0);

define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting! If you see anything about being unable to allocate memory, you may want to see if you can increase it: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Best regards,

• Positif Style
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,

this is not the same problem. Since the last time, I didn't touch the SSL. I leaved it the way you showed me. Now the site is available front and back end.

But time to time, I can't access properly to the front end and back end (sometimes I can't see the site, sometime its appears all mess-up) . I even got report from friends how couldn't get in or see the site. This is not good for my member. I tried to disable some plugins, but It still happening.

• Positif Style

Hello,

I was thinking that it was finish, but now, its here again… I’m having the same problem again.

Since few days, I’m being interrupt in my work by this failures. When I try to see the site, is automatically redirecting me here: http://positifstyle.com/nous/subscriptions/. I even tried to delete the subscription page to fixe the problem, but still, I can’t see the site. Just the white page with “Error”. Impossible to get out our to get in. I also tried with other browser (chrome), on ipad and iphone… something.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Positif Style,

Hope you’re well today and sorry about the delay here.

I’ve tested this and everything seems to be working correctly, all the settings are good, you have a few updates which I’d recommend doing ASAP.

Has everything been working for you now? I noticed you do have a caching plugin installed, which if this does happen again, disable your cache via FTP and see if you can access it then.

I’m here to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Positif Style

Hello,

Thank you for your message. It still not working. When From the dashboard, if you try to see the website, it will automatically redirect you at this page http://positifstyle.com/nous/subscriptions/. The other thing is, this page never show up. It will load and give this error page (see the image).

When it does this, I can’t work any more. If I try to go back in the dashboard, or go on the home page, I can’t! I also deactivate de caching plugin. Nothing has changed, I’m still unable to work on the front and back end…

If you want to see it yourself, try to edit a page and clic on “view the page” you will see. It will redirect you here http://positifstyle.com/nous/subscriptions/ ( and empty page that I never create!).

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Positif Style,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for the additional information.

Can you send through the following information please?

– In the subject field add “Attn: Jack Kitterhing”

– Link back to this thread

– Include admin/network access

– Include FTP

– Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Contact Us

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Positif Style

Hello,

Did you receive my infos? I sent you a message the same day…

I really need to get moving. Its been a month now since this problem is happening on my site. I'm simply unable to work even to access to the site! I'm still having this page (http://positifstyle.com/nous/subscriptions/) every time I try to access to the website.

I really mean this respectfully, but is it possible to have some to really take a good look on this site? There is something wrong there. Its happening again and again. Do I have to pay someone for that? or its include in this membership? I just feel like I'm begging people here. Please, don't take it in the wrong way, I'm just asking, I just want to know.

Thank you again for your help and your time.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Positif Style,

Hope you’re well today, I’ve just spent the last half hour plus debugging your site and going through it.

You have multiple database issues all relating to your theme and the syntax, I’d highly recommend either changing themes, or checking the database for any issues.

Your iThemes security plugin is causing a conflict with your caching plugin.

I got the error as you said, disabled the caching and security plugins and it then worked correctly, I re-enabled, cleared the cache and it work correctly.

Personally I would recommend trying to hire a developer for a couple of hours to check your database out with regards to the database errors.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Positif Style,

Hope you’re well today, I’ve been looking closer looking at this and your error log is filling up with SQL errors, these are all coming from the framework included within your theme.

It’s possible, that this is causing the issue here, would you mind switching to another theme, disable everything (but membership) and see if that works for you?

Please make sure the theme switched to is a standard WordPress theme (twenty fourteen for example).

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.