loading of page with market press is timing out

I receive this error when trying to load a page with marketpress store products in it.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 3939

Any ideas

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings davidloney,

There can be many reasons for this and since the timing is right at 30 seconds I am suspecting a hosting issue, specifically php execution time.

But before digging into that, please advise what we are dealing with:

WordPress 3.3.2?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.5.5?
    Market Press 2.5.9?
    Theme?

How many products do you have in your Market Press installation?

Cheers, Joe

• davidloney
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the response.

I am using:

Wordpress 3.3.2
    Solo
    No buddy press
    Market Press 2.5.9

I have 15 products in marketpress.

The page loaded totally fine for at least a day, then stopped for the last 12 hours.

I am using 3 short codes in one page, i dont know if that could cause an issue.
    Hosted on hostgator.

After noticing the issue I couldnt even open the page from inside wp admin to edit it. It just showed a black sreen.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I am using 3 short codes in one page, i dont know if that could cause an issue.
    Hosted on hostgator.

Which shortcodes you using?

Can you paste the exact codes here as you used them?

I wonder if you are pulling all the products, images and details which might be taking your site longer to load thus going over the allotted allocation time.

Shared hosts are generally slow thus taking longer to do things. If you limit the shortcode to pull fewer numbers that should help.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks.

• davidloney
    • Flash Drive

I was using a short code like [mp_popular_products] with limiting to a category.

I have 3 different categorys with a total of about 25 products.

The reason I did this was to display the categories likes this:

Category Label 1

short code

Category Label 2

short code

Category Label 3

short code

I can't seem to find a way to list products in multiple categories with a label or heading naming the category above the products in a category.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

That shortcode doesn't take an argument for category but you can limit the number being pulled:

[mp_popular_products number="5"]

Pulling all 25 might be to much for your shared hosting environment.

[mp_list_products] could do the same sorta thing you want.

[mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.
    Optional Attributes:

"paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
    "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
    "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

[mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="sales" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

The order by sales is the same as the popular shortcode in that it pulls the most sold items.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.