Loading results

Dear WPMU.

Im having some problems with the google search plugin. These are the "errors".

- Why is it loading footer first. I assume that its based on some calculations "behind the scenes", before showing the results. Possible to insert a "min-height" or even better a "thinking-wheel" before showing the results?

- "omkring 1 resultater (0,49 sek) In english it would be (about 1 result (0,49)).
Is it possible to translate that text, hide the loadtime, and maybe insert the "search-term", that the user has filled out.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mathias,

Hope you're well :slight_smile:

- Why is it loading footer first. I assume that its based on some calculations "behind the scenes", before showing the results. Possible to insert a "min-height" or even better a "thinking-wheel" before showing the results?

Since the results use script to show results they are loaded bit later.
    You could try applying this CSS code to set minimum height for results holder:

div[id^="cgs-cgs-search-form"] {
        min-height: 250px;
    }

Adding preloader would require some additional development though.

- "omkring 1 resultater (0,49 sek) In english it would be (about 1 result (0,49)).
    Is it possible to translate that text, hide the loadtime, and maybe insert the "search-term", that the user has filled out.

This part is actually loaded from google so we can't change it in this way from the plugin, what we can do is completely hide number of results and search time some CSS like this:

.gsc-result-info-container {
     display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Milan

Hello Mathias ,

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

For your feature requests, I've moved this thread to "Features and Feedback" category so our other community member can also show their support. If plenty of members supports this, our developer may think about adding this in future. But please note that this is not guarantee that it will be added soon but way to show support so developer can think about it. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.