Local snapshot backup not restoring

Snapshot local backup is not restoring. It is showing no errors on the front-end, nor in the developer’s console. Only one warning in the debug.log which might not be related:

PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5571

Please advise.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Felix Torres,

It seems like you are trying to restore from one site to another. I checked both the websites and tried a restore in the staging website, and could notice the issue. I checked the server resources, and could notice it has low resources when checked via the phpinfo.php page when accessed via the browser:

stagingsiteURL.com/phpinfo.php

I created a php.ini file in the root folder, and add the following rules:

upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 512M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 800

And then ran a new restore of the "Snapshot live all others" backup in the staging, and it went fine this time.

Please do check, and see how the restore went. However, please do note that Snapshot Pro plugins primary workflow are for backups, and to restore in the same server. I'm afraid, performing restores or migrations over to another website is not one of strong aspects of Snapshot Pro, and chances of anomalies to occur are more in such case.

For such tasks Shipper Pro is highly recommended, which should allow you to create an exact clone:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/shipper-pro/

Please do check, and let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Felix Torres
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, I was able to work with a chat support agent to do the same fix for the site lmsonline.com, I am still having the same initial issue restoring snapshots that I import over. In this case I am making a snapshot in staging.lmsonline.com and am attempting to restore it in lmsonline.com. As you can tell we use the staging site to make our changes first to make sure they display correctly before we make a snapshot at staging and then import that snapshot to our “live” lmsonline.com and restore it there to make our final changes. Your assistance would be appreciated, thank you.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Felix Torres

I see in ticket notes that ftp access you share still works ok. However during both chats support access was only enabled and now it is expired. Please send below data so we could take another look on this.

Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is “I have a different question” and:

– Mark to my attention: ATTN: Kris Tomczyk

– Live Site access (login url / username / password)

– Staging Site access (login url / username / password)

– Link back to this thread

Please don’t share any sensitive information (i.e credentials) in the Support Forum, it has public visibility and everyone will have access to it.

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,

Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.