Localization file sharing

I see that many users already have created localization files for plugin and themes.

Would be a lot useful and time saving if WPMUDEV could enable a database of these files (with credits, of course).

I don’t mind creating my own translations and probably most of the times a translation in a language doesn’t fully fit other user needs, but would help a lot.

I already have translated several WPMUDEV plugins, but they are still incompletes: as soon as I finishe them I’ll more than happy to share them.

So, the request for the team is to enable this “po files area”, whilst the request for all non English speaking users is to share these files.

Also, would be nice to have these files (when available) already included in each theme and plugin.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings sciamannikoo,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I totally and wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion and as a matter of fact it has indeed been a topic of conversations within the WPMU Dev Staff though as we both can see a concrete plan has not yet been put into place.

I believe the best method to get this in front of the Bosses face would be to add it to the http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/ as an official request.

That will get it on the map and then it needs to have the link spread around so that people will vote it up.

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Joe.

I often forget about Uservoice, but I did what you’ve suggested and found an existing suggestion with 100 votes (well, 103 now :wink:

Looking at the amount of votes I’m concerned about how many will make a request “popular”, but I’m going to post the question there, where I hope will be looked by the “bosses” :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.