Localizing Pro Sites

I am trying to load the language files outside the plugin folder.
I notice Pro sites is localizing like this:

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', array(&$this, 'localization') );

This way it isnt possible to change the mo-path by calling the load_textdomain_mofile action, ref:
http://www.geertdedeckere.be/article/loading-wordpress-language-files-the-right-way

Any chance of changing this action (to forexample init or after_setup_theme), or do you recommend a another way to solve this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tersor,

Thank you for your description which is certainly appreciated, however this is clearly in the realm of custom coding and unintended use which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do help if we can and know the answer.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Or you could always approach someone like Tweaky

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• danielm
    • Flash Drive

Hello Joe,
    thanks for your reply.

Yes, as a developer I can easily patch this by modifing the source. But that is clearly not the best solution, agree?

It would be nice if we can use an action to modify the path of the mo-file. This way we can keep our custom translation outside the ProSites-plugin folder so it does not get overwritten when upgrading.

Any thoughts on this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tersor,

Thank you for your kind input and matter of fact way of dealing with this challenge.

Yes, as a developer I can easily patch this by modifing the source. But that is clearly not the best solution, agree?

You got me there and I am indeed not a coder - reminds me of a BASF commercial - we do not make the blue jeans you wear - we make the jeans bluer - we do not make the carpet you walk on - but we make it last longer - and applicable to myself, I do not make the code that it is written - I make the code run better/faster (I am a server/network admin) ... lol

It would be nice if we can use an action to modify the path of the mo-file

This would be a call the lead developer would indeed need to make, I am not qualified to make this happen nor do I have the authority.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• danielm
    • Flash Drive

Many thanks, Joe.

I might add that it is indeed possible to place a custom translation under wp-content/languages/[pluginname] since load_plugin_textdomain checks this folder first.

Still, in some situations it would be nice being able to modify this path...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.