location display does not work

1st issue: i entered location "Sydney, NSW" no map displayed. i tried a few other locations and nothing worked.

2nd issue: the pop up dialogue does not seem to have layout properly. see attached screenshot where the "map options" button is semi-hidden

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @haowei_ruan,

I can help you with this. Thanks for the screenshot.Can you check for any javascript errors on that page?

If there are errors, they will appear in the javascript console. You can find this in Chrome by doing (View --> Developer --> Javascript Console). In Firefox it's under (Tools --> Web developer --> Console)

Let me know what you find out!

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@haowei_ruan,

At a glance I'm not quite sure exactly what's causing this. At this point I suspect that a dependent file isn't getting loaded, or somehow things have been loaded in the wrong order. Would you mind allowing me to login and take a look?

You can send any details through the contact form. Just include my name and a link back to this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ (Choose I have a different question)

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @haowei_ruan,

I apologize for the delay here. Yes, there are a few more troubleshooting measures we could try.

First, there's a "fix and repair" add-on you could activate from "Settings -> Google Maps" This will give you some options at the bottom of the page. Try each one and see if this fixes the issue.

Can you try switching to the default theme, then deactivate all the other plugins? If the problem goes away, we know its a plugin conflict. Then you can reactivate them one at a time and we can deduce which one is causing the conflict.

At this point, if you're down to just that one plugin and the default theme and it's still not working I'd recommend trying to reinstall.

Let me know how this goes. Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.