Locations Plugin?

Do you guys have any plans to develop a competitor to SimpleMap (http://simplemap-plugin.com/)? Seems to me like a "store locations" plugin like that would be popular. And frankly, SimpleMap is really the only competitor in the space (which means you guys could OWN it :smiley: ).

Just wondering,

--eric

• TheCosmonaut
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well, Google Maps allows you to integrate a Google map into a post. SimpleMap allows you to put in a number of locations and have them be searchable via address, zip code, etc. Basically, think if you had a chain of 100 stores -- you could post them to SimpleMap and then get a location finder: a little form where you can type in your address and a radius to search nearby and it would then display the results. Totally different thing than just having one Google map with one location on it...

You see what I mean?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Eric,

Thank you for the fantastic clarification and indeed this sounds like a great plugin and one that should be submitted for development consideration.

Therefore I am moving it to the applicable Feature/Feedback are and alerting the developers of the existence of the plugin request.

Hopefully it will come up for development consideration and execution.

Have a GREAT upcoming week end!

Cheers, Joe

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Eric,
    Check out GEO my WP plugin. Using the plugin you can add a location to any post type, page or buddypress members and You can create an advance search form to let users search by distance , units and address. There are different widgets and shortcodes that comes with the plugin. You can also automatically get the user current location and display results based on that, widget that displays the location of a single post or member and more.

Give it a try.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.