Lock content

HI ,

can you tell me how to make site accessible for all visitors and only one specified page will be limited to registered customers ?
currently once i activated membership plugin all pages result to protected content :slight_frown:

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi peter_illias,

For instructions on the use of the Membership plugin, go to the plugin page and choose the 'Usage' tab, near the top.

In your case you would need to set up an Access level where you specify the page access rules you want. Then assign this access level to the users that are allowed to see the protected content.

Be sure to also go into Options->Membership pages and set up the Protected content page that nonmembers will be shown if trying to access the protected content.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• peter_illias
    • Flash Drive

I follow mentioned PDF doc... but still not sure how it works.

i created two access levels... A) visitors B) member

on site i have two pages FRONTPAGE and PREMIUM
    FRONTPAGE should be visible for all visitors so i put into page code : [level-visitors] XXXX [/level-visitors]
    and for PREMIUM page [level-members] XXX [/level-members]

but nothing happens... looks like wordpress doesnt recognize mentioned shorcodes

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi peter_illias,

You are in the right place : Membership -> Access level->Add new

Now, you want to restrict access to page Premium while allowing public access to page Frontpage.

There are a few ways to do this. Here is one.

We're going to set up a visitor level that cannot access Premium. Also we'll set up a member level that can access Premium.

Add new access level.
    Call it Visitor
    Choose Positive rules
    Drag box Pages onto the field where it says 'Drop here'
    Check Frontpage
    Save

Add new access level.
    Call it Member
    Choose Positive rules
    Drag box Pages onto the field where it says 'Drop here'
    Check Frontpage and Premium
    Save

Go to Membership->Options
    General tab choose the Stranger level as Visitor

Go to Membership->All members
    For each member Add the member level

This should be a basic solution. No need for shortcodes, your entire pages will be access protected.

Now, please go to Membership->Options->Membership pages and choose appropriate settings for Register pages etc. according to the setup of your site.
    In particular do set up a Protected content page that visitors will see if trying to access the Premium page.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• peter_illias
    • Flash Drive

HI Mort3n... thank you for response.

i am still confused. This has nothing to do with frontpage widgets. Problem is, i don't see drag and drop option when i edit membership level. take a look into picture in previous post.

In Appearance->Widgets there are just fontpage widgets

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi peter_illias,

Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

As I understand it, you want to have a widget that is only shown to Premium members.

This does not require you to set up a rule (drag'n'drop) under Access level.

You can do this under Appearance->widgets. There are a number of widgets with 'Membership' in their names. Drag one onto the sidebar. Open it. Now you can choose the level that can see this widget.

See screenshot.

If this is not the case, then please provide more details.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• peter_illias
    • Flash Drive

HI Mort3n.

No :slight_smile: i dont want to restrict access to widgets. I want to restrict access to pages.

In documentation there is picture where in section Membership -> Access Levels there you can easily drag an drop page that you want assign to access group.

Can you see picture i sent 2 posts back ? t

here you can see it, that i dont have this drag and drop option there.

In my instalation this right side for drag and drop is missing... for me it looks like bug or conflict. But i tried also standard wordpress theme also disabled all plugins...still not visible

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings peter_illias,

Thank you for the additional input and I have no idea why the two would clash and without a copy of the newsletter plugin we are not going to be able to figure it out for sure.

What is the URL to the purchased plugin?

Have you contacted the purchased newsletter plugin's author about the conflict?

Our plugins are GPL licensed so you can legally give them a copy.

Please advise in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings peter_illias,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.