LOCK MYSELF LOCK ADMIN IP

Hello, i have lock myself, i have lock an admin ip. Please help me with this…

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello goran,

I hope you are having a great day!

i have lock an admin ip

I am sorry, I'm a bit lost. What exactly do you mean here, could you please elaborate more?

If you have been locked out by Defender (it has blocked your IP) than what you need to do is temporarily disable the Defender plugin via FTP so you can login to your dashboard. This can be done by following these steps:

1) Navigate to the plugin folder (/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender) on your server.

2) Rename that directory to something else (i.e. wp-defender-disabled, so you get something like /wp-content/plugins/wp-defender-disabled)

You should now be able to login to WordPress, and you will receive a small error message indicating that the plugin failed to load.

You can also whitelist your IP from Defender's settings if you'd like by going to Defender -> IP Lockouts -> IP Blacklist and then type your IP in the Whitelist field. Don't forget to hit Update Settings afterwards. This way you won't be locked out in the future, but keep in mind that your website will be accessible from your IP at all times.

Let me know if this works for you!

Best regards,

Denitsa

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there goran

It’s best to not post repeatedly in your support ticket as every time you post as that slows down the support we can offer you; the ticket actually gets bumped down to the bottom of the queue with every reply. :wink:

You have 2 options to get back into your site if you have mistakenly blacklisted your own IP address:

1) Follow the directions given by Denitsa above to access the public_html folder on your server, either via FTP or in the File Manager of cPanel. Go to wp-content/plugins and find the folder called wp-defender. Change that to something else, like DISABLED-wp-defender.

That deactivates the plugin on your site and you should be able to get back in. Once you’re back in, rename the plugfin to wp-defender and, before you save any settings on your site, remove that IP from the blacklist.

2) The 2nd option would be to access your site via a different IP address through a VPN service or proxy like HideMe: https://hide.me/en/

With a different IP address, you should be able to get back in and remove your real IP from the blacklist.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.