Lock Posts & duplicate posts

I use the Lock Posts Plugin in combination with the Duplicate Post Plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicate-post/

So if a siteadmin lock a post its not possible to duplicate the post and edit. Yes, i can duplicate but the status "lock" is also duplicatet to the new post.

I can config the duplicate post plugin wiht custom fields i can ignore. Store the Lock Posts the data inside a custom field? Or any other solution out there for my solution?

Thanks a lot!
Markus

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Markus and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Please feel free to correct any misunderstanding on my part, but if it's the Site Admin who is locking and duplicating the posts, that same Site Admin could unlock the post first, correct?

If that's not the case, would it be possible for the Site Admin to first unlock the post before the duplication?

I'll also ask a couple of the guys over here if they've got any ideas as to a solution as well, and perhaps to clarify, as I may have misunderstood.

Cheers,
    David

• Markus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David!

Thanks for your answer. The Problem: The Siteadmin can lock/unlock but i need that the autor can duplicate a locked post, edit and publish this. But when the author duplicate the post, the duplicate is also lock.

The plugin Lock Posts doesn´t store the lock-status inside the custom fields?

Thanks and cheers!
    Markus

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Markus,

This would have to be a custom edit to the duplicate posts plugin. You'd have to add a check for the _post_lock_status meta_key in wp_postmeta - and then ignore this value. Since the plugin seems to be in fairly active development you may be able to get the plugin author to help you do this.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.