Locked units are actually accessible from course structure

Hi.
I have a course with units that have questions that require an answer. So in the units list, all units except the first one are locked. Which is normal from what I understand. BUT if I just go to the course details and click on the units from the course structure list, I can access the units (or if I enter the URL manually too). And free preview is not even on, so definitely there should be no way to access them.
Quick preview: https://youtu.be/m1UmodFkSOw
I have granted support access.
(I also have another topic started with an issue about unit access, but I think it is a separate issue, still here it is.)

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi todor

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

If you want to prevent access to the next unit until the user answers all required questions, you will need to enable the option "User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit". This will disallow users to access to the next unit even by the direct link.

Please, keep in mind that this option has effect only for the next unit, so if you want to prevent access to all next units, you will need to enable this option for each unit.

If you have any additional questions please let us know, we always are happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi todor

Hope you're fine today!

Sure thing, I've seen the video.
    Let's clarify a bit :slight_smile: On the units page, students are able to see their progress on units. And as the units have required questions they can't pass to the next unit (means they can't answer on questions from the next unit and of course they can't have any progress bar for next units). Even if you try to access to the next unit with the Course Details page or with the direct link, you won't be able to answer on questions, once you've tried this and clicked on the "Next" button, you will see the following popup:

That's why the "locked" icon is there.

As for the Course Details page, this page is rather for familiarization with the course and with its units (if it's allowed).

But, if you'd like to disallow access to the next unit at all, and don't want to let students even see the next unit's content, you will need to use option mentioned before "User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit".

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.