locking themes in multisite

Hi, I am trying to setup a multisite where after I create the first example site, I was going to use your New Blog templates plugin to replicate example site after users sign up for a new blog (was going to use Blog and User creator for this).

So on my network I have a few themes installed, but I only want to allow microsites access to the one theme I setup in the new blog template. In other words I dont want them to have access to the theme I am using for the main "parent" blog site.

What is the best way to do this? Is there a way to either manage themes on a blog by blog basis? or even make the appearance panel disappear, though this poses the added issue of users not being able to edit the widgets.

Thanks!

• 720creations
    • Flash Drive

Right, but there are themes (like the one I am using on my parent site) that I don't want available to microsites that are created.

In other words I want to make lets say 2 out of 4 network installed themes UNAVAILABLE to the network because they provide more features than we want to give microsite users to choose from.

when I look in the themes tab under Sites > All Sites > "sitename" > edit > Themes, it only shows me themes NOT available to network.

Is there a plugin I can use to manage themes better?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

when I look in the themes tab under Sites > All Sites > "sitename" > edit > Themes, it only shows me themes NOT available to network.

Yes, that's how it should be.

That means that all Network Enabled themes are available in Subsite > Appearance > Themes but via Network Admin > Sites > Edit the super admin has the power to allow a sub-site to use one of the network disabled themes.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.