Log directory writable error in shipper

I get a Log directory writable error in shipper when I try to navigate to migrate zone. The directory permissions seem to be correct here.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marmoset,

I'm afraid, it isn't clear enough on where in the dashboard side the mentioned error occurs. Could you please point out where exactly in the dashboard you are noticing the mentioned log directory not writable error in the Shipper plugin?

Was it during the Pre Flight check in the source website, or in some other place in the WordPress dashboard specifically? A screenshot regarding this would be helpful.

I could confirm the folder permissions for uploads directory are correct for both source and destination folders. Please do advise where exactly you are noticing the error message so that this could be brought into the developers attention asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marmoset,

It seems like there was confusion from our part in the chat notes regarding the correct website to check, sorry about that. I could see the mentioned issue on the destination website when accessing the Shipper > Migrate page.

The log directory, in general, should have 766 as permission, I tried to make the relevant change regarding that, but I'm afraid the mentioned error notice is still visible in the plugin side.

I'm bringing this into our developer's attention to see what exactly could be causing this and will get back to you once we get further feedback regarding the status of the issue asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marmoset,

Going through the issue again in your system, it seems like the uploads directory, in general, isn't working. That's if you try to upload an image under Media > Library in the WordPress side of your destination website, images are not getting uploaded.

The issue seems more specific to the server side. Most probably this could be related to the file/folder ownership, which only your hosting provider could sort. Could you please bring this into your hosting provider's attention, and see what exactly is missing regarding the ownership of the files?

UPDATE: I was able to notice wrong folder path assigned in WordPress side for the uploads directory and I have fixed that your website. The Shipper > Migrate page is loading fine now.

The issue is no longer present in your destination website, and I could also upload images without any issue in the Media Library. You no longer have to check with the hosting provider, it should be fixed on the WordPress side.

Please do check the dashboard, and let us know if you have any further query.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marmoset,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the screencast video was really helpful. Regarding the uploads folder path, and permalinks refresh I'll make sure to bring this into our developer's attention for any further improvements that could be done down the road.

About the pages loading insecure images, this occurs because the image full URLs to the old website are saved in the Database side. Hence they weren't showing up in the source code when you checked, as those images were loading via Elementor CSS.

At the moment if there are any custom workflow on how these URLs are saved in the database side by the Elementor plugin, I'm afraid there isn't much Shipper Pro could change out of the box as the URLs is hardcoded in the DB side.

Instead of deleting the sections to fix padlock issue, you just have to delete the image and re-upload the image from the Media Library again via Elementor Builder, and it should load fine, and fix the padlock issue.

I was able to notice the /projects-1/ page also had padlock issue, with 2 images being hardcoded in the DB side, and manually removing the images, and re-adding it via the Elementor Builder has fixed the issue.

You can perform the same steps with any other pages where you notice padlock issues. I'll make sure to check with the developer regarding if there are further refinements that could be done in Shipper Pro side regarding such cases too.

Thanks for bringing into our attention, have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marmoset,

I do understand you, however, I'm afraid there isn't much workaround regarding this other than manually replacing the image, or working with the section.

However, I wasn't able to notice a page on your website, where it didn't work once I replaced the image with the one from the Media Library.

Are there any pages still on your website side, where the issue still exists so that we could give a closer look, or all the pages are sorted at the moment?

I have already brought these anomalies noticed into our developer's attention, and we'll be looking further with improving the plugin down the road too.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.