Logged in members can't see content

I have been trying to make this plug-in work on my "live" site for about a month now and the last few questions I raised were indeed due to a flaw admitted by the plug-in developer.

I really need this plug-in to work and after each update I think my worries will be over but no, my problems with this plug-in are just escalating and my frustration levels rising. Quite frankly I am running out of patience with this.

My latest problems since the very newest update:
* logged in members can't see my content
* e-mails are not being generated for new members signing up

The problem seems to be the custom post types which I use for portfolio posts. This is where the majority of my protected content takes place and I am using the protected content shortcodes as I want guests to be able to see the portfolio content but not have access to the downloadable files.

I have recently tried to create an account as a test and when I fill out the create an account form I receive the following error FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value. Does this mean full name? There is no place on the create an account form for a full name. I have First Name and Last Name.

I go out of my way to try things out numerous times before seeking help. If any of this is my fault I apologise in advance but could someone from your Team please sort this mess out for me as soon as possible? I have granted support access on my site.

Lesley

• engagedinart

Hi Tyler,

No, I'm "not doing well today". " In the meantime" here are my further questions:

I have recently tried to create a test registration and when I fill out the create an account form I receive the following error "FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value". Does this mean full name? There is no place on the create an account form for a full name. I only see First Name and Last Name.

My test account is created ok and I get logged in successfully despite this error message but I am also not taken to the successful registration page and as I mentioned before no confirmation e-mail is sent.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lesley,

I have recently tried to create a test registration and when I fill out the create an account form I receive the following error "FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value". Does this mean full name?

I'm not seeing this issue on my install and I went to your site to test it but on your sign up page it's just direct links to PayPal. I tried some other urls too such as /register - which page is your user registration on?

Granting access could help too then I can see exactly how your site is setup, would help troubleshoot the issue.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey there engagedinart,

Sorry you feel that way, I really do just want to help here :slight_frown: I hope I'm not coming off any other way.

I checked your register page located /wp-login.php?action=register - that one works fine for me, I signed up without any issues.

Do you have a specific registration page for PC set? I wasn't able to find it on your site if you do. Even just a link to that would help if you would prefer not to grant access.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Lesley,

I'm not quite sure which issues you actually have.
    If you can grant us Support Staff Access we can check it out directly on your site.

Some feedback so far on a few issues discussed above:

- The message "FNAME must be provided" is not generated by Protected Content. If you have enabled the MailChimp Add-on then the message might be cming from MailChimp if the first-name is empty.

- All Protected Content mails are sent once an hour, not instantly. In my test the sign-up Email was sent correctly.
    Tipp: You can manually trigger the mail-process by going to "Protect Content > Settings > General" Below the settings box is a quite small line of text with a "Send pending email..." link

- There was a bug in the protection shortcode that would deny access to users that have multiple memberships. This bug is fixed in todays maintenance update (version 1.1.1.2, scheduled release is tomorrow)

The 1.1.1.2 release fixes several bugs, so I think it will make your experience much better :slight_smile:
    Also if you have any questions please don't hestitate to ask on the forums here - even if we might reply a bit later due to high number of requests we will know that you have some issues and can address them as soon as possible... And most of the time this will be done very fast, as we're really working 24/7 on forum requests! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input so far, and looking forward to your feedback after the release tomorrow.
    Philipp

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.