Login and Logout Redirect URL not working

When a user logs in I want them to be directed to a specific page (the homepage) which I've tried setting as an absolute url and also a relative url in Listings > Settings > Redirect URL (sign in).

I've also set the Redirect URL (logout) to the homepage too.

However neither of these seem to work. When I log in it takes me to a 'Signup Complete page', and when I log out it takes me to the /wp-login.php?loggedout=true page.

Am I missing something? :slight_frown:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chung,

Sorry to see that you are having difficulties with your Word Press installation, Directory, and the Login/Logout items.

Are you using any type of caching on this installation?

Are you using a separate browser for testing?

Are you running Buddy Press?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Chingy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Joe

Thanks for your time on this, no caching on this. Im working on a live (non-public) website whilst I test the plugin for proof of concept on an idea I am working on.

I am using a seperate browser, in fact a seperate browser on a seperate computer entirely to test (as I like to test the user experience seprately).

I'm not using Buddypress. I have the plugin on a Multisite setup (of course haha).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chung,

Thank you for your informative reply, it is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what is going on there just yet because on my production server:
    http://directory.aecnuwpmu.us/

Upon log in or log out it is indeed going to the homepage with no additional entries in the settings.

Furthermore, by default Directory is already set to go to the home page by these very settings by default to Home page

Which version of Directory are you using? I am using the newest version 2.2.0.2.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Chingy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hiya Joe

I'm using v 2.2 and I removed the entries I added in the URL so that they remain 'blank' and still the same.

I just wanted to check, I'm using the main LOGOUT button in the top right of the Wordpress admin bar to log out?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chung,

Thank you for letting me know, it is appreciated.

I'm using v 2.2

This means that you are two complete versions with fixes behind me.

Please update and let me know how we are progressing if at all.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.