Login Box works on one area but not another

Am using the BuddyBoss theme with the Ultimate Facebook plugin. I am sure it's a theme issue and will ask them also, but the Login box on the front page does not work but in the wp-admin page it does.

URL: http://catholicyouthministryresources.com/

Please help!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Eric,

It does sound like it could be theme related. Looking at the console output in Chrome, I'm seeing this:
    FB.login() called before calling FB.init()

And that error's mentioned in the following thread which is related to a theme issue.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/login-with-facebook-appears-as-regular-text-and-not-a-link

Could you take a look into that? Perhaps it'd be easy to spot in your theme?

Thanks,
    David

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

Am attaching my code. I researched the hooks a bit, but I would have no idea where to start. Again, the Facebook connect button is showing up above the form and does nothing when a user is NOT logged in.

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_sidebar' ) ?>

<div id="sidebar" class="left_column">
    	<div class="padder">

<?php do_action( 'bp_inside_before_sidebar' ) ?>

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_sidebar_me' ) ?>

<div id="sidebar-me" class="widget">

<h3 class="widgettitle">Hi <?php echo bp_get_user_firstname() ?>!</h3>

<a href="<?php echo bp_loggedin_user_domain() ?>">
    					<?php bp_loggedin_user_avatar( 'type=full' ) ?>
    				</a>

<ul id="quicklinks">
    					<li id="icon-profile"><a href="<?php echo bp_loggedin_user_domain() ?>">View My Profile</a></li>
    					<li id="icon-edit"><a href="<?php echo bp_loggedin_user_domain() ?>profile/edit">Edit My Profile</a></li>
    					<li id="icon-avatar"><a href="<?php echo bp_loggedin_user_domain() ?>profile/change-avatar">Change My Avatar</a></li>
    					<li id="icon-search"><a class="last" href="<?php echo site_url() ?>/<?php echo BP_MEMBERS_SLUG ?>/">Browse Members</a></li>
    				</ul>

<?php do_action( 'bp_sidebar_me' ) ?>
    		</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_sidebar_me' ) ?>

<?php if ( function_exists( 'bp_message_get_notices' ) ) : ?>
    			<?php bp_message_get_notices(); /* Site wide notices to all users */ ?>
    		<?php endif; ?>

<?php else : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_sidebar_login_form' ) ?>

<div id="login-box" class="widget">

<h3 class="widgettitle">Sign In<?php if ( bp_get_signup_allowed() ) : ?><?php printf( __( ' or <a href="%s" title="Create an account">Join &rarr;</a>', 'buddypress' ), site_url( BP_REGISTER_SLUG . '/' ) ) ?><?php endif; ?></h3>

<form name="login-form" id="sidebar-login-form" class="standard-form" action="<?php echo site_url( 'wp-login.php', 'login_post' ) ?>" method="post">
    				<label><?php _e( 'Username', 'buddypress' ) ?><br />
    				<input type="text" name="log" id="sidebar-user-login" class="input" value="<?php echo esc_attr(stripslashes($user_login)); ?>" /></label>

<label><?php _e( 'Password', 'buddypress' ) ?><br />
    				<input type="password" name="pwd" id="sidebar-user-pass" class="input" value="" /></label>

<p class="forgetmenot"><label><input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="sidebar-rememberme" value="forever" /> <?php _e( 'Remember Me', 'buddypress' ) ?></label></p>

<?php do_action( 'bp_sidebar_login_form' ) ?>
    				<input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="sidebar-wp-submit" value="<?php _e('Log In'); ?>" tabindex="100" />
    				<input type="hidden" name="testcookie" value="1" />
    			</form>

</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_sidebar_login_form' ) ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar')
    			|| !dynamic_sidebar('Homepage Left') ) : ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_inside_after_sidebar' ) ?>

</div><!-- .padder -->
    </div><!-- #sidebar -->

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_sidebar' ) ?>

Thanks for the help!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Eric,

Really sorry for the delay here, took me a moment to dig up this older post regarding theme compatibility and pertaining to the specific error your site's yielding.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/login-with-facebook-appears-as-regular-text-and-not-a-link

And in that, it's mentioned the following should exist somewhere in your theme:
    <?php do_action('get_footer'); ?>

It likely would be in the footer, but it really would just need to be located somewhere in the rendered page for Ultimate Facebook to be able to insert its content.

Could you let us know if you can see that in your theme?

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.