login details for my website and hosting company

Hello,

Please refer to the following support conversation:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-sidebars-pro-isnt-working#post-888023

(Sensitive data removed by staff)

I don't know if I've provided suffice information, please do come back to me if you need more.

Many thanks, Dice

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Dice,

I hope you're well today!

I have removed all the data regarding you're access credentials from your post. Please remember that this is a public forum and it's fairly well indexed by Google. This means that all you post here (including your passwords and logins) may be read by anyone on the web, regardless of their intentions!

This is why we don't allow to post such information here and we're always asking members to send those in a private message using our contact form here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey,

You must have had posted this somehow. It might have been you or just an unexpectec "glitch" with "copy-and-paste" function.

The "Contact" form has no direct connection with forum so it doesn't publish anything here, it's just sending an e-mail. I'm sorry for this inconvenience but once these information has been posted here it might have been already cached by Google or scrapped by some hacker's bots. That's why I've asked you to change all the logins credentials and send them again.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• dice
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Okay, c'est la vie. I changed all the relevant accounts.

The link you provide for the contact form takes me to a page inviting me to pose a question and it states the following:
    " * Please note that your ticket will be publicly available, do not share passwords or other sensitive data through this form."

I don't get it?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Dice,

I just checked the link and it's working fine form me. I'm not sure what's going on. Have you tried to clear your browser cache?

The page should look like the one on the screenshot attached to this post. I've also attached another screenshot with the proper URL.

Cheers,
    Adam

• dice

I think you guys really poorly instructed me yesterday. You invited me to click on a link to send you a secure message when in fact you where inviting me to post in an open forum compromising my website.

In order to send you a secure message involves taking additional and non intuitive steps that require further instruction.

Is this common practice for you guys to tell folk to 'securely message' you by posting in a open forum?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Dice,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to you. We do really care for security of our community member's sites and that's why I've removed all the sensitive details from your post yesterday. That's also why I insisted that you change your passwords.

I've also checked @Michelle Shull post where she's asking you to send the details to her in a private message. She wrote

"Select "I have a different question" for your topic"

This sends a private message. If you select "I have a support question" you'll be informed (with the message on the form) that you're about to post to a public forum.

I should have been more specific, though Michelle had informed you properly in her post so I assumed you'll follow her instruction. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience that it caused.

Regards,
    Adam

• dice

Okay well the last thing I'd like to say on this is that I really think your company could do this much better. I've never seen any other organisation with a secure messaging process that is like yours and I think there is a very good reason for that which is that yours is not a great system.

If instead you put a radio button for secure messaging and another for your open forum solution that would be a great day for humankind (okay a exaggerate a wee bit).

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Dice!

If instead you put a radio button for secure messaging and another for your open forum solution that would be a great day for humankind (okay a exaggerate a wee bit).

I agree that some kind of better separation of "private" and "public" messaging would make a great feature here. That said, I'll forward this suggestion to our website-team for further consideration.

Thank you for that!

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.