Login directs to blank page wp-login.php

Hi there.

Setup wordpress multisite - all works fine. Created a new site and page got stuck in the process.

My site works including all sub-pages, including the admin login screen, but don't login and everything goes blank. (back plus front end).

-Cant be the theme and already checked that.
-Repaired the database with the option on the control panel.
-Searched topic and everything directs me to either themes or re-install wordpress - that is not the case here and triple checked this.

Unfortunately I only have two logins on the site and both is Administrators, and both do the same. As I said, everything works 100% until you enter the login details and press submit - site goes slow and eventually ends up with a blank page (front and back end).

Any suggestions? This one gives me grey hair......

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ezra Steenkamp

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, as @Zyniker asked do you have any errors in your servers error log?

Are you using Multi-DB? Can we have a link to the signup page, then I can signup and test the login my end.

How many plugins do you have installed?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ez
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there guys. Many thanks for the quick response.

-Deactivated plugins and themes manually, so it cannot be any of them.
    -The second error below is also displayed when I make use of the debug option.

[18-Jun-2013 20:29:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysimple/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2839) in /home/mysimple/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680
    [18-Jun-2013 20:37:36 UTC] PHP Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /home/mysimple/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

http://www.mysimplewebsite.co.za

You will see the site works fine - Just don't login. Jack, will mail you the login details shortly.

Thanks again for the quick response.

• Ez

Ok, so on debug I get this error message

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

and

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home/mysimple/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Search all the forums and everything point to a space before the PHP coding - Mine was working fine so it cannot be any of my files. Still have a idea that its in the MSQL database.

Thanks for the help guys, but I think I'm going to start from scratch again. Running out of time and want to get the site up and running.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ezra Steenkamp

Just taken a look and it doesn't redirect for me, as it won't accept the usernames or passwords, They are notices/warning and shouldn't be causing this problem.

Most likely there is some blank space at the bottom or start of a php file in your plugins theme.

I would recommend moving all themes and plugins to a different folder this will deactivate them, then you can try it again with debug on and see if the errors still appear.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ez

Hi there Jack. Already tried that. The site was working fine, so I cannot see how anything went wrong with the wordpress files. Removed all the themes and plugins already.

I did however discovered that another wordpress installation done through Softaculous - CPANEL with the option to install wordpress mulisite also given this error: PHP Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! (within a day after it was up).

I just removed the wordpress installation and done a fresh installation of wordpress multisite through Softaculous - CPANEL and discovered some "new installation options". Done 3 installations and both given me problems within minutes after I logged into the site. (last 10min)

May I add that I created this site yesterday with the same software, so there you go. Thanks for the help again.

• Ez

Just to confirm that this issue was in fact through the Softaculous - CPANEL quick installation.

It work for a while and then started giving these errors. Not sure how it works but the old fashion wordpress network installation still works the best.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ezra Steenkamp

I hope you are well today, sorry for the extreme delay here.

Thanks for letting us know the issue was with the Softaculous installer, These installers such as that and Fantastico etc are known to cause issues, always best to do a manual install :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.