Login Error and PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query

Well I’m making progress with my multisite Simple Membership registration. I am down to only two problems.

1. I get an error when I login. I actually get logged in, but you can’t tell unless you refresh the page. I found that when I deleted all members from the sub-domains, that I no longer got the error, but then I couldn’t access protected content, so I had to put the members back in again. I’m wondering if the error is because it’s calling too many places for the information.

Javascript console only tells me about the mixed content being loaded over http.

wp-admin error log says: WordPress database error Unknown column 'bbvsf_' in 'field list' for query SELECT bbvsf_
PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/mary/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1868

2. When I register a new member, they get added to the main CG site but not the sub-domains. I can add them manually for the time being but I would like to get it automated.

Any ideas about either one?
Support access is granted.
Thank you.

• Nithin

Hi Mary,

WordPress database error Unknown column 'bbvsf_' in 'field list' for query SELECT bbvsf_
    PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/mary/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1868

Is that the exact database error, or did you edit it? Like the column name 'bbvsf_'? If I'm not mistaken, I don't see the table name mentioned in there. Could you please fill me in, if I'm missing out anything here.

2. When I register a new member, they get added to the main CG site but not the sub-domains. I can add them manually for the time being but I would like to get it automated.

By default, in a multisite the registration happens through the main site, and users are added in the main site. I seems like the support access is disabled, so I wasn't able to check your current configuration.

You could make use of the following plugin, which will add users automatically to the specified subsites:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite

Please revoke, and let us know once you enable support access, so that we could check the login process extensively.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Mary,

Thanks for sending details regarding the issue and also for granting Support Access. I created a test account previously called "wpmutest" on CG site and logged in with that account from front-end. But unfortunately, I could not see any error in the front-end. I refreshed that page, but still no luck. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I believe, this issue is gone when you started over again. If not, then your debug display is turned off and debug data is stored in your debug.log file. In that case, can you please copy the whole debug.log file content in a text file, save that file and attach here with your reply?

Let me tell you why I'm asking for the whole debug file. The error says "WordPress database error Unknown column 'bbvsf_' in 'field list' for query SELECT bbvsf_" so it's clear that a query is looking for "bbvsf_" column but that column is not there in your database. But as this error line is not complete, we don't know in which table that column is not available. From this line, we can't understand what script or file is making that query and in which table it's looking for that column. If we get to know which exact file is creating this query and which table it's referring to, we will be able to tell what to be done on that file/plugin to remove this issue.

Regarding "PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/mary/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1868" this issue, I think you can just ignore it. This is a PHP Warning, but not any fatal error, so it should not block or stop any functionality of your site. And as long as you have your debug display disabled, it won't be shown anywhere except your debug log file.

When I register a new member, they get added to the main CG site but not the sub-domains. I can add them manually for the time being but I would like to get it automated.

I think you have another thread regarding this query and I suggested you a plugin for adding all your users to all sub-domains on that thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-use-multisite-user-role-manager-plugin#post-1164339

Can you please tell us if you are having any issue with that plugin or is that not working in your network? Please let us know. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Mary

Thank you Rupok. The errors do not show up on the page itself. You have to view the Javascript console, however, I am still having problems with Simple Membership not working with my multisite so I'm going to try Paid Memberships Pro. I hate to spend the money but I just don't like the way WPMU Memberships2 Pro registers the user before taking their money.

Of all the membership plugins I've tried, this is the only one that does that, and it leads to lots of incomplete memberships.

I'm going to close this ticket for now, perhaps start from scratch again with the new membership plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.