Login failiure for members, sometimes...

Hi,
I've noticed that the member(s) gets a Login failiure when they try to login to the site, and/but sometimes it works fine...

I have now set the login page "never to cash" in wp rocket, but I don't know if that will do any change? Can I do something else? It's important to my client that this works flawless.

The client have set 1 membership for each course they have. Could that be the reason?
Can several members be loged in at the same time, with the same membership account? The member can only see a specific page with pdf's to download.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Henrik Schough,

I hope you are well today.

Do you know the exact error members are getting when they cannot login?

I would not think that caching would be the issue, but it's good to leave your login page uncached anyways.

Having a membership for each course should not present any issues with logins.

Yes, you can have multiple members in a membership and have them logged in all at the same time.

My suspicions that it's either the caching or a security plugin (like iThemes Security) that is blocking the members from logging in.

If you would like me to take a look at your site and settings to verify everything looks OK, I'd be happy to. If you would like me to take a look, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Henrik Schough
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for your answers!

The users most time get "Request failed, please try again.".
    It works better with Google Chrome and Firefox than with Internet Explorer.

I use Wordfence on this site... Could that be the problem then perhaps?
    Do you think I should change the Security plugin? I normaly use All In One WP Security & Firewall.

I will check the plugins options, and if I can´t find anything I will give you access.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Henrik Schough

Sorry for the delay in your thread. Actually, we process the threads based on a queue and when you reply multiple times w/o a staff reply, that is considered as bumping and push the thread back to the queue.

About the problem, would you please go to /wp-content/plugins/membership-2/membership2.php line no 398 and remove the line:

check_ajax_referer( 'ms-ajax-login' );

Also, which version of IE is having this issue?

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Henrik Schough
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply!
    We have the release of the site tomorrow, therefore I am a little stressed. :slight_smile:

I found the string on line 759... removed it, cleared the cash, and now it seems to work!
    Thank you very much!!!!!

We use the latest version of Explorer/Edge.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.