Login Image Broken - Missing Image - Does not update Login image

Attempting to use Login Image on WP (3.2.1), standard installation (e.g. not networked).

When navigating to the Login Image settings page, the current login is a broken image link.

Choosing to and uploading a new one results in same behavior.

Login image is not updated.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I installed and configured it. It seems to be working for me.

Would it be possible for you to provide a link so that I may see it?

Things to try:

Ensure there are no plugin conflicts. Disable all other plugins and then try again, if the issue is resolved then enable on plugin at a time until you find the culprit.

Put the site back to the default "Twenty Eleven" Theme and then test again, if it resolves then there is an issue with the theme.

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

• Jaybe
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy. Thanks for your prompt reply and assistance.

I also appreciate the steps to troubleshoot. I followed them.

I expected disabling plugins, and then reverting to default twenty eleven theme would solve it. It did not.

I am attaching a screenshot with my reply.

• Jaybe
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have an update.

My next thoughts after disabling plugins and defaulting the template was to consider the file system and file/directory permissions.

I temporarily provided ownership of and access to Wordpress files to the web server.

Upon doing so and retesting Login Image, it worked.

Need to determine what is happening and why Login Image is requiring files/directories be owned/accessible in order to function properly.

Identifying which files/directories require permissions, understanding why, and only altering those permissions, would be a helpful next step.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going. :slight_smile:

Which files and folders did you change permissions on?

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.